Calendar sync: Works automatic from Droid to Google, only manual from Google to Droid

rkoffler

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Had the Droid X for 2 weeks. Worked perfectly at first. Changes on Google Calendar would automatically sync to phone calendar, and vice versa.

Then, a failed attempt to use Sync for Google Apps created a mess with Outlook that trashed my Google Calendar with thousands of duplicate events. I discontinued Sync for Apps. Not knowing how else to empty the Google Calendar, I deleted it, synced using CompanionLink, and had a clean calendar both on Outlook and Google Calendar.

But then Android stopped updating itself automatically when I add/delete/modify entries in Google Calendar. It only syncs when I do a manual sync in the Droid (Settings | Accounts | <chose the Google Account> | Sync now).

The reverse works perfectly: add/delete/modify an event on Droid and Google Calendar updates instantly.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Should sync immediately both ways. Check your Gmail settings. It's there you will find contacts, calendar and email (all in one place) with the sync-option settings. You might find making Gmail your home page (or at least a bookmark) on your PC browser, with sync to the DX set up, will eliminate the need for Outlook as an intermediary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non