Clean up SD card

hoarder23

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
After 2 months of installing and removing programs trying to find the right mix, my SD card is a wasteland of random files. I have a replacement DX coming to and I'd like to clean my SD card up a little before I start with a fresh phone. Some files are easy to identify and there is very little that would hurt my feelings if a lost but is there an easier way than trial and error to see what i can purge?

I mounted a 4GB card and formatted it thinking it might build a file structure that would give me an idea but I'm guessing files are only created when they are needed. Since my current phone is rooted and I plan on doing the same to the next I don't want traces of the previous root to corrupt my next phone.

Any suggestions or tips for me? I've browsed through the forums and haven't found any good info yet.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I would move all files to your computer. Then delete all off your card. When the new phone comes in install the card and format. Stuff like music and photos you can put back to the new phone. Any apps that need a folder will create new ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just confirming after a rom is flashed using clockwork and backed up i can delete the rom off of my card? mines a mess too i dont know what half the stuff does.certain programs create them and i forget while one. i have one named update.zip on mine i dont remember where it came from.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
What I usually do to clear up my drive after hard reset or device resetting, I have created a folder called Personal Data that I store all my music, backup apps and software so when I do a reset I can delete all folders but that one and basically my folders that my main backups and settings is stored and then start installing my new apps. This way I start with 2 or 3 needed folder and all else can go.

I wish there was a way like windows to hide system files completely, except when I want to unhide them, there is ways to hid files from other apps but not the folders..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress