Can't turn phone onto silent?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
After I got froyo, I can't make the phone silent. When I try to turn it all the way down, the lowest it goes, is to vibrate. Also, the same thing happens when I slide the "sounds off" thing to the left. It says "silent" but it sticks on vibrate mode.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
After I got froyo, I can't make the phone silent. When I try to turn it all the way down, the lowest it goes, is to vibrate. Also, the same thing happens when I slide the "sounds off" thing to the left. It says "silent" but it sticks on vibrate mode.

Yeah, this is something that happened to my fathers D1 which makes me curious if its a problem with all froyo? Your not allowed to have silent? I mean you could always turn vibrate on notification off so it would be silent but thats a much longer process and nobody wants to do that every time you know?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is something that happened to my fathers D1 which makes me curious if its a problem with all froyo? Your not allowed to have silent? I mean you could always turn vibrate on notification off so it would be silent but thats a much longer process and nobody wants to do that every time you know?

Yea, very annoying! I like the vibrate option, but I need my phone silent overnight!

Yup. What were they thinking??

Annoying! I was hoping it was just me and that there was a way to fix it.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the same thing.

If you use "Only in Silent" then you can only use the rocker to go down to vibrate, there is no silent only.

So:
1. You "Always' vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
2. You "Never" vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
3. You vibrate in silent
4. you vibrate in all settings but not in silent.

Dammit, I want my seperate vibrate and silent settings back...

otkeeper

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the opposite problem..i still can't my phone to ring..i can get notification sounds but only vibrate on call..i had the problem on 2.1 and thought the upgrade to froyo would fix it..any help?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the same thing.

If you use "Only in Silent" then you can only use the rocker to go down to vibrate, there is no silent only.

So:
1. You "Always' vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
2. You "Never" vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
3. You vibrate in silent
4. you vibrate in all settings but not in silent.

Dammit, I want my seperate vibrate and silent settings back...

That is annoying! Option 4 would be good, except then you can't set the ringer to "only vibrate".

enilm

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
This happened with my girl's droid and my droid x also. Best solution is to get a profile changer. I use "silentmode onoff" by curvefish. You can change from ringer to vibrate to silent quickly from the homescreen.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This happened with my girl's droid and my droid x also. Best solution is to get a profile changer. I use "silentmode onoff" by curvefish. You can change from ringer to vibrate to silent quickly from the homescreen.

Awesome, thanks! I found another app called silent sleep, but the only way that works is by setting a specific time to turn on and off the silent mode. This is much better! Though, it would be nice if froyo had an update to fix this problem.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try "quick settings" or "my settings" both allow you to use the notification bar to quickly access several settings (bluetooth, wifi, ringer, airplane, etc). what is really cool about them is that you can selct to not have an icon show in the bar BUT the program will show once you drag it down. I persoanlly use quick settings. Both are free.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh forgot to mention that if you have Beautiful Widgets (def worth the $1.95) you can put a beautiful silent widget on one of your screens (home). I am sure there are some simmiliar free widgets if you want a widget and dont want to spring for SwitchPro (.99 cents) or Beautiful Widget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk