Sync Icon in Notification Bar

kizer8

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My sync icon in the notification bar will not go away. Anyone know why? I'm not sure how to check if my google account is being synced correctly, I don't think it's syncing correctly.

tdosthp

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think (but may be wrong) that you may be seeing the DLNA icon. Mine is always there also. I upgraded : ) to a fascinate, but still play with the X and haven't taken the time to turn DLNA off, or see if I can.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows up and goes away every once and a while. Might be related to the marketplace and checking for auto updates. Never noticed it before 2.2. Could also be related to Gmail syncing now that more settings are getting synced to your Gmail account.

jg1319

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. I have narrowed it down to having something to do with the Accounts Storage process, but I cannot figure out how to fix it. I've tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. It you go into Manage Applications>Running and scroll to Account Storage and force stop it then the icon should go away.

Would love a permanent fix for this as well..

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes do a factory reset. And do not restore your sync settings. Had this issue when I went from leak to official.

jdivers03

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same thing after restoring system data from one ROM to another with Titanium Backup. Solution was flashing back and only restoring apps, NOT data.

jtaunton

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Jim

I had the same issue after I had loaded a stock tracker program that synced with google.finance. I removed the program and still had the issue. While having the page open where you turn auto syncing with gmail on/off the sync indicator came on and I noticed the area flickering where you turned auto sync off. It was off but still flickering. I turned auto sync back on and then off again and my issue went away. As I sit here I have 83% of my battery left and I unplugged it at 6:00am with moderate use. It definitely did the trick for me.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you allow auto-updates from the Market, it might be related to this. I went into My Apps in Market and UN-checked the auto-update feature for ALL my apps. Found the background updating would brick my X unexpectedly. Very hostile feature. I still get notifications when updates are available and I can dl them at my convenience. Works much better this way.

Orannnnnn

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a look in settings, application management and saw that Skype and stumble-upon were running in the background. Once I stopped these services the sync to web icon disappeared. It had been there for days. Other background apps might be causing the same problem.