Subject missing from texts sent to. yournumber@vtext.com address

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to get the subject to show up in text mesages sent via emais to (yournumber)@vtext.com email address? It works on my old feature phone but not on my X.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get the subject to show up in text mesages sent via emais to (yournumber)@vtext.com email address? It works on my old feature phone but not on my X.

Probably depends on the phone...but the subject line will take up more of the 160 characters in the text anyway. Why not just have them send an email instead?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Probably depends on the phone...but the subject line will take up more of the 160 characters in the text anyway. Why not just have them send an email instead?

These are automated messages from a computer system that asks for your cell number and provider. I can't change it. However, I found a work around. See above.

JoshuaThompson

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this is a problem on the Droid X.
On the original Droid I could send an email to phonenumber@vtext.com; including a subject and a message. The text would come through like so:

(subject)
Body of message . . . .

On the Droid X the (subject) is stripped out it. This is causing a major problem for me!

Email will not work for me as I need to be immediately alerts when messages from this address come in (and this address only).

I tried Handcent. I lost my contact pictures and I would receive two messages for every message that contained a subject. (Yes I would receive my subject by losing the contact images was not an acceptable trade off).

I tried ChompSMS and it was just garbage.

I wish I could put the original droid SMS app on the Droid X. This "bubble" garbage is annoying