Front Facing Camera on my Droid X?

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that it says there is no camera, but I was inspecting my phone and it looks like there is a camera next to the message light (blinks green) to the left of the ear speaker. There is a purple lens you can see if you hold it at the right angle. I know to the right of the ear speaker is the face sensor, for when you are on the phone. Anyone have any insight? :confused:

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Probably a proximity sensor (shuts down the screen when you're on a call and hold it up to your ear), a lot of people revel in new gadget teardowns and a camera would be very obvious by now.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I could say with complete confidence that a company is not going to put a camera on a phone and not market that as a feature. It's either the proximity sensor or the ambient light sensor, definitely not a camera. This is similar to those that thought the Fascinate had notification light installed and it was discovered as the same thing.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it would definitely be advertised. I think when the iPhone 3Gs came out, people were wondering about an FFC, but it turns out the pictures they saw were fake. Since the Droid X has been out now for a while, it would definitely have been found by now.

jblom

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I keep looking in the same spot to and it sure looks like a camera next to the speaker. I have a one month old DX and maybe with the next software update? Who knows but it sure looks like a camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress