Froyo Destroyed my Droid X

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted either and i never had any problems on 2.1. i know its not just some phones that have problems because that really doesnt make any sense because it was the update that screwed most of our phones up. theres no way id pay $90 to get another phone with the same problems. i really think motorola should get going on this one because people are going to start switching away from it

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
i know its not just some phones that have problems because that really doesnt make any sense because it was the update that screwed most of our phones up.
That is what happened, though. Some people got the update with no problems, but some had a ton of problems. Not sure what causes it, but it could be certain apps people had installed or home replacements that effected the update for some weird reason in someone's phone and not in someone else's.

Like I said on p2, my brother and I both had OG (unrooted) Droids when the 2.2 rolled out this summer. Trevor got his like a week before me, no problems, flawless install. I got mine I remember at like 12 midnight, it was plugged in charging. I clicked download, I watched it install, and as soon as it rebooted, every Google app I had (including things like Dialer, contacts) force closed over and over again. Both had the same phone, 2.2 effected us both differently.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My problems exist rooted or not rooted. Is Motorola the only ones having these problems, or is HTC and others having the same issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My problems exist rooted or not rooted. Is Motorola the only ones having these problems, or is HTC and others having the same issues?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There is no perfect phone but the htc incredible is not as bad is the motorola dx is on froyo . Neither of my phones are rooted .

I have not had to do any factory resets on the dinc, after doing the update.zip to froyo . All still good on that device.:cool:

Maronda4

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I did the total reset thing and still have problems after the update too, but deal with it as I don't want them to send me a used phone. Music player is horrible now. Sometimes If I get a call with it on I have to totally reset my phone. I LOVE listening to in my Jeep, But Ugh.. Voice command doesn't do a thing, things freeze, calls don't make it out.. I did love my phone before the update and did not have issues. Half the time I select a picture for my screen background it goes black and I have to start all over... I am sure there is more I am not thinking of. I am not Rooted, and not sure even what that would do or help or hurt.

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So I just thought I'd update on something else that just happened. I was just listening to music through the music player and it locked up the whole phone and became unresponsive. I pulled the battery and the phone turned on but then it powered itself off which was weird. I'm discovering new problems everyday and I'm getting sick of pulling the battery out of the phone four times a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89