Clear cache on Droid?

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X and today I found out how to power phone up in recovery mode and clear all the system cache. My phone runs really fast after I did that. I want to do the same for my wife's Original Droid since its kinda bogging down lately. Is there anyway to do this on the Droid or is it only limited to just clearing cache in each app one by one? Thanks!
Note: I already posted this in the Droid Forum with no answers after 3 days. Thought I might have better luck here. Thanks!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Not sure I sold my droid 1 but if rooted you can dl cache cleaner. One touch cache clean in a app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I sold my droid 1 but if rooted you can dl cache cleaner. One touch cache clean in a app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks but our phones aren't rooted. Just looking for an easy quick way to clear all that junk out like the Droid X can in recovery.

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know I have seen the process for clearing the cache, but I can't seem to boot up in recovery mode.

How do you do it?

Thanks

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I know I have seen the process for clearing the cache, but I can't seem to boot up in recovery mode.

How do you do it?

Thanks

-Turn off your phone.
-Hold the home button
-Keep holding Home, and hold power until the Moto logo comes on. You can
release power, but keep holding home.
-Use Volume down to navigate
-Press Camera button to select an option.

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
-Turn off your phone.
-Hold the home button

Thanks.

Well I tried and all that happens is I get the little Andy dude and a triangle with an exclamation point in the center of it. I hope I didn't screw something up!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

Well I tried and all that happens is I get the little Andy dude and a triangle with an exclamation point in the center of it. I hope I didn't screw something up!

When you see the android and exclamation point, hit your search button. That should bring up your options.

Reactions: jyoung

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
-Turn off your phone.
-Hold the home button

1. Is this for the "Droid X"?
2. What are the benefits of doing this? (sorry, newbie here)

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's how you get the droid x into recovery mode. But how do you get the droid into recovery mode to clear cache if even possible? Thanks.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's how you get the droid x into recovery mode. But how do you get the droid into recovery mode to clear cache if even possible? Thanks.

The best way I've found to search for something is try to start a new thread and look at the suggestions it pops up. Works better than trying an official search. Here's what I found:

How do you enter the recovery menu in the droid 2?

Edit: Its the search button.

So its like the old Droid:
Power off
Hold X
Power on
Wait for the caution sign in the background
Hit the search button on the keyboard
Profit.

Reactions: CypherMax