which bluetooth headset?

DBLX

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Jabra bt530 headset that im having trouble with my droid x. Im experiencing lag when I press the button to make a voice command. Im thinking its a compatibility issue. Anyone experience this also? Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
MJ

rajones19

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Plantronics 975, and the Jawbone Icon (which I have come to prefer). The voice command app definitely lags - to the point were I used to pull the phone out of my pocket to look and make sure it was actually doing something. Sometimes 10- or 20-second wait or more, which seems like about 2 hours when you're in traffic and need to make a call. Eventually it always works. Another odd thing is first it says "Please wait ... " which is ironic, because that's what you have been doing already ... then it says "Please say a command .... " and off you go.

DBLX

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Headset

So it's not the headset but the software...
That sucks! That's a serious failure for Android. Still love the phone though. Anyone hear of a fix in the near future? Gingerbread?

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the voyager pro and love it. Its a very good piece. However I would recommend you get the voyager pro plus as it is A2DP enabled, the voyager pro is not. Ran into issues with this when trying to use Vlingo instead of the stock voice dialing app as it lags a lot.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My Blueant T1 also has a lag. Voice Command is just slow. Would be nice be able to switch Google voice command then the other voice command.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Plantronics 975 here as well! Tried the Jabra Jawbone and returned it because of static, and was not as clear as the Plantronics, or as comfortable. The 975 even comes with its own charger case (which charges it without being plugged in). We love it so much, we have two of them in our family!

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the BlueAnt Q1 also. It supports it's own built in voice commands, so I setup my speed dials on it and don't use the Droid X's voice commands. It works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress