Media volume sync does not sync media volume

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello All,

New Android 12 user here on a OnePlus 9. I attempted to ask this in the /r/OnePlus reddit but as with most things reddit I didn't have much success, so attempting other locations now.

I seem to be experiencing a problem with Bluetooth volume, despite having upgraded to the latest updates/version.

In settings, under Bluetooth -> More -> Advanced Settings, I have Media volume sync set to ON, but when I press my Bluetooth volume up/down, it does not impact the system volume at all.

Any suggestions in addressing this would be appreciated.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you @B-Diddy for your reply! Funny you should mention the registration, as after I posted my question I was first perplexed to see that it allowed me to post w/o authentication, but then also that I had already registered with your network via the Windows forums. :) You can see my account posted here with this identity. Thank you for any continued assistance you or others can provide.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions and assistance @javier. I did try all those suggestions and none of them worked off the bat, unfortunately. I will continue to poke around and see if there's something else here.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Also, note that in my version the developer settings have the option listed as "Enable absolute volume" and it is checked on. :D Small victories. However, togging it off and on (i.e. disabling and re-enabling it) did not address the issue and it still does not synchronize. I have also tried rebooting a few times as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also, note that in my version the developer settings have the option listed as "Enable absolute volume" and it is checked on. :D Small victories. However, togging it off and on (i.e. disabling and re-enabling it) did not address the issue and it still does not synchronize. I have also tried rebooting a few times as well.
I changed you to post owner from Guest

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Your welcome
Have you tried to Reset network in settings? This will reset wifi password/mobile data/Bluetooth

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried just now and unfortunately, that doesn't seem to do anything either. The setting is clearly on but when I press the volume on my Jaybird X3 it only impacts the headphones and not the global volume. Very strange to be encountering this with all the latest updates applied.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried just now and unfortunately, that doesn't seem to do anything either. The setting is clearly on but when I press the volume on my Jaybird X3 it only impacts the headphones and not the global volume. Very strange to be encountering this with all the latest updates applied.
When you go to Bluetooth next to your headphones tap the gear icon media is definitely enabled ?

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Ok if u long press the power button
Emergency/lockdown/power off

Cool! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. I was able to get into it and the Bluetooth settings look exactly the same. However, I cannot seem to test it as the application I use for music/sound is no longer able to be used in this mode. I am open to any further suggestions to test (if possible).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cool! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. I was able to get into it and the Bluetooth settings look exactly the same. However, I cannot seem to test it as the application I use for music/sound is no longer able to be used in this mode. I am open to any further suggestions to test (if possible).
Yeah disables 3rd party apps , is YouTube available?