2.2.1 Improved Battery Life?

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I hope this doesn't get rolled into the 30 page general discussion on this update in general.

Is anyone experiencing what seems to be improved battery life on 2.2.1? Ive only had it 30 or so hours now, but my battery meter seems to have slowed from a rapid rush to empty to a more moderated rush to empty.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell, my battery life is better too since getting the 2.2.1 OTA update. I have the extended battery though & set my Battery Manager at "Maximum Battery Saver", so I have always been pleased with my battery life and being able to get 48hrs from moderate use.

It seems to me that 2.2.1 has made an already great phone even better!

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have moto extended battery on night saver but with juice defender enabled on a 15 minute off 3 minute on cycle. With normal use I don't always make it through the day.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed better battery life today, but honestly, my battery life changes from day to day with this phone (in the exact same environment with the exact same usage everyday). So we'll see what tomorrow brings.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed if battery life has improved but it wasn't bad before. I will keep an eye on it today to see if it is indeed better battery life after the update. It would be nice to have a little more juice.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have moto extended battery on night saver but with juice defender enabled on a 15 minute off 3 minute on cycle. With normal use I don't always make it through the day.

Something is not right with your phone, it's setup, or some app that you're running. I have the extended battery, using performance mode, screen brightness set to about 70%, use the phone off and on all day long, and when I plug it in around midnight I've got 40% to 60% power left.

Are you running a task killer (that would be a bad thing), or do you live in or travel through areas of poor cell reception?

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life went back to being kinda shoddy today, after a good day yesterday. Oh well, I bring my charger to work, no biggie.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Something is not right with your phone, it's setup, or some app that you're running. I have the extended battery, using performance mode, screen brightness set to about 70%, use the phone off and on all day long, and when I plug it in around midnight I've got 40% to 60% power left.

Are you running a task killer (that would be a bad thing), or do you live in or travel through areas of poor cell reception?

Count yourself lucky. Its been like this since day 1. I have good reception at work and home (3/4bars). I keep screen brightness at 10% (which is fine, except when in bright sunlight). Your normal use is probably different than mine. I poke around on it a lot during the day at work, and use it a good bit riding in and out in the mornings. I don't use an ATK, but I do use services like Facebook that will poll every 30 minutes.

I have considered doing a full reset as outlined after the Froyo update, and reloading everything, if not just for possibly helping battery, but fixing random crashes, but with 2.2.1 everything now seems to be a bit more stable. I may still do it to get a fresh install instead of having the 2 updates. I need to find a good backup solution that will save all of my programs and their settings.