Change folder name "Text Messages" to ":Text"

AndroidX85

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to change the folder name for "Text Messages" to just "Text". I thought it be easier said then done, but did some research and couldn't find anything that said how to do so. I just don't like how the folder name is cut off and only shows "Text Mess"....

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If your just talking about when its on the homescreen, try downloading LauncherPro. With Launcherpro you can add the shortcut to the homescreena and rename shortcut on the homescreen.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You could also just use a free app called 'SMS Unread Count' by the developer 'kanokgems' which places a widget on your homescreen instead of your stock Text Messages icon. It allows you to change the icon if you wish in addition to renaming the widget "Text" or anything else you would want. It also gives you the added bonus of adding an unread count number on the icon to show you the number of unread texts received.

Using LauncherPro is a good option too, but it is an alternate launcher program that can change the whole look of the UI which may be something you don't want to do if you want to keep the stock UI look.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
That is a valid point El Jefe. It wil change the look of your homescreen but im my option it gives you more options that your normal homescreen such as more screens, a sliding dock, more widgets, etc. But its completely up to you man.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I just figured since it was their first post, they may be completely new to Android and really still trying to learn the stock UI first.

I love LauncherPro and have it installed on mine and love it, but I waited a while before I put it on so I could learn/play around with the basics and get a handle on the OS first. Sometimes the existing options can be a little overwhelming if this is their first Android phone like mine was for me.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup IMO...LP improved the performance and opened up the ablity to customize more ,but go at your own pace as you learn the operator system. ;)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95