launcherpro and motto blur widgets

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using the motto blur widgets with launcherpro. I like the widgets and I like launcherpro and I know that you can use the widgets but do they work ok. Looking for someone that is using the widgets with launcherpro

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using the motto blur widgets with launcherpro. I like the widgets and I like launcherpro and I know that you can use the widgets but do they work ok. Looking for someone that is using the widgets with launcherpro

I had a DX and i was using launcher pro but since i was never a fan of any of the motoblur widgets i never tried to use them. BUT.... although launcher pro changes the layout and options you have with your UI, it does not stop or shut off Motoblur since their customization goes deeper than the UI the widgets should still work. So if you are able to place them on your launcher pro home screens i suspect there is no reason they should not work.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
They sort of do. I only have the free version of Launcher pro, so I can't speak for the paid version, but the blur widgets do work for me only if I leave them the default size. I can't resize them, but again, the paid version of LP does allow widget resizing so they may work with LP+.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Generally, the Moto widgets don't do well with LPPlus (don't know about the LP free). Some do, some don't. Some work OK until you do batt pull and you will have to reload them.

The one Moto widget I especially like is the contact shortcut. But, it's one of the balkier ones with LPP. However, LPP has a GREAT contact widget where you can display whatever collection of contacts you select. Ex: I have my contact favorites there. Touch the photo and you get a popup with icon options to call, email, text, or check their listing in your contacts. Very nice.

Overall, I don't miss the Moto widgets. LPP more than makes up for them and I also use Beautiful Widgets app for home page weather/clock. Loads of options there. Battery widgets abound in the Market and you can find just about any combo of icon and info.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
as another poster mentioned, the moto widgets dont play nice with LP. same goes on the other UI's as well. its one of the reason fede did the plus version and added those widgets of his own

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I did switch to launcherpo plus and im using the motto widgets and so far no problems. I know im the minority when it comes to the motto blur widgets but I like them. The launcher widgets are very good if not some of the best but figured that I would think outside the box for awhile.

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I found that some of the motoblur widget shapes don't stay where I left them (as far as size) and I was always having to change the shape back where I wanted them. This was particularly true on the contacts and news widgets.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Im using both and have problems with the contacts quick task widget and the picture frame plus widget. Then again those are the only two motor Widgets I'm using, the rest are LP and Beautiful Widgets.
Nothing too bad, they still work but with the quick contacts widget: it doesn't display the image the same way or the contacts shortcuts but still works if I click on the widget.
With picture frame plus widget: I have to reinstall the widget every time I reboot the phone otherwise it freezes the widget.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty