Any way to Delete downloaded Ringtones from settings?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded some ringtones to my phone to assign to different contacts. At first none of them would stay with the contact I would assign them to and go back to a default phone ringtone. I originally just downloaded the ringtones to my Download folder on the sd card. Then I read on this or another forum to make a separate folder on the sd card/ringtones and move them to there. Then after assigning all the ringtones to each contact rebooted the phone and now they all work for the contacts.
The problem I have is when I'm in settings/sound/phone ringtone and look at my ringtones I added, there are two of each. For example I have some Geico commercial ringtones. Let's say one is called Sarge_ringtone_1, right under it is another called sargeringtone1Ringtone. When I look in the sd card/ringtones folder I made all I see is the sarge_ringtone_1 and no other copies of it. I don't know why there are two showing up. I don't have any in the download folder anymore. Is there a way to delete one of them? Does anybody know why this is happening or had the same problem?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
(Menu->Setting->Applications->Manage applications->Media Storage->Clear data), then reboot.

Don't worry it does not delete the SD card if that's what you're thinking.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Johnly, I managed to find the doubles with Astro and delete them all. Now only one shows up when I look at my ringtones.

Reactions: Johnly

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Another way to manage any of your music, ringtones, photos, etc. is to plug in the X via USB (in USB mode, selected on the notification panel). The X then becomes a flash drive and you can see, open and organize the various folders on the SD card. Ringtones are in the Media > ringtones folders,

Warning: don't install that Moto program that keeps asking to do so every time you plug in. Just hit cancel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo