So happy I went with the Droid X

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was just looking at the Samsung Fascinate forum here and was just curious to see if they got the Froyo 2.2 update to their phones yet. NOPE!! I was going back and forth between the Droid X and the Fascinate for a long time and finally thought the X had so much more going for it. The Fascinate had too many issues with workarounds for google because it comes with Bing, Bad GPS, and also the call quality. I've had no issues with any of those things with the X and Fascinate owners are still waiting on Froyo. I heard they would be getting Froyo as far back as late november, then December, then the beginning of 2011. Well it's now towards the end of January and still nothing. I'm sure glad I went with the X! Fascinate is a good phone, but had a lot of negatives for me.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And to think, I was nervous at first about the screen size. But now I can't go back to anything smaller :D

By far the best phone I've had.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I have to agree about the battery life. I consistentlly get about 16 hours of life out of the battery with moderate use. Two days if not using the phone as much.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Bought two Fascinates with a BOGO sale. Exchanged my Fascinate for an X for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread. Haven't regretted it one bit. :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I never really considered the Fascinate but I di have the Droid 2 for a couple of weeks. Liked the Droid 2, but really wanted to get the Droid X because if the screen size and the camera. I still cannot believe that the Droid X gets such great battery life. Before I came to Verizon, I had the EVO from Sprint. This phone is far better than the EVO.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Bought two Fascinates with a BOGO sale. Exchanged my Fascinate for an X for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread. Haven't regretted it one bit. :)

lol, I remember giving the fascinate 28 days......they got 2.3.4 yet? he he, all joking aside, that was a cool phone.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I myself thought about getting the incredible because of sense ui. ended going with the droidx and I am glad that i made that decision.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I had my heart set on a Fascinate until I went to the VZW store where a friend works. He talked me out of it and into the DX, sure glad I listened.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
At the time I got my DroidX, it had just gotten the 2.2 update, the SamSung had not. This is why I got the DroidX. Glad I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa