Is anyone else disappointed with New X2 specs?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rooting doesn't need the physical camera button but to go into the boot menu and select options, you need the physical button.

I just like using the camera button when taking a picture. One reason that I choose DX of DINC.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a Blackberry upgrade path device. Up the specs a little bit and call it next generation. Its also similar to the Droid 2 compared to the original. Since I'm not eligible till August of 2012 for an upgrade I will see what's out there then.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I think the manufacturers are definitely capable of producing better phones but they choose not to to make room for upgraded models. I like the looks of the Bionic, but can someone explain why Motorola would give it only 512 mb of ram when the Atrix is just about the same phone and it has 1 gb of ram? Doesn't make sense.
Its makes perfect sense when you consider the Atrix has an entirely separate OS that powers laptop dock. Also, make note that the RAM in the Bionic is DDR2, which desktop grade and is about twice as fast as the RAM that is currently used in the Droid X.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
From what I can see, the X2 is already behind the curve with the potential Thunderbolt on the horizon, much less the Bionic. Lack of a front facing camera would be a deal breaker for me. I have distant family and use Skype from time to time. It would be great to have the ability to do so with my X rather than being stuck in front of a computer.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Its makes perfect sense when you consider the Atrix has an entirely separate OS that powers laptop dock. Also, make note that the RAM in the Bionic is DDR2, which desktop grade and is about twice as fast as the RAM that is currently used in the Droid X.

But you are comparing it to the Droid X that has been out for a better part of a year. To slight the Bionic in ram doesn't make sense when considering the Atrix is coming out next week with a gigabyte of ram. Also, why would the Atrix have a 5 mp camera when the Bionic has an 8 mp camera? They should be at least the same.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
also I read over on engadget no dual core processor and only 756mb of memory. which even makes more sense. why give a phone the same specs as the number phone on VZW the bionic. I mean the top phone on is the X but soon it will be the bionic

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the current X is still a very relevant device and will be for some time to come. If you have root and are ROMed, it certainly will have what you need. I have heard that there is something coming down the line that will blow all of the new phones out of the water. No name yet...and no real info...just that Verizon is keeping something exciting a big secret. From what I heard, it could be 6 mos. or more down the line. So, hang on to your X, and see what develops.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Verizon comes out with a superphone like every other month,so I might just wait until August and use my last annual upgrade on whatever is the best phone out at that time.

Actually, the current X is still a very relevant device and will be for some time to come. If you have root and are ROMed, it certainly will have what you need. I have heard that there is something coming down the line that will blow all of the new phones out of the water. No name yet...and no real info...just that Verizon is keeping something exciting a big secret. From what I heard, it could be 6 mos. or more down the line. So, hang on to your X, and see what develops.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't see too many people with X's "upgrading" to this phone...at least I don't see why they would. It'll be a nice upgrade from a 2 year old phone or so, but not from an X.
Exactly. I'm sure it's intended to be a new contract device, or an upgrade for someone with maybe a d1 as above posters have suggested. I will add my vote to the "x is still fine" camp. I haven't really seen the x strain to do anything or run anything out there yet. I'm sure it will seem a little dated at the year mark, but that's kind of par for the course now, right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
But you are comparing it to the Droid X that has been out for a better part of a year. To slight the Bionic in ram doesn't make sense when considering the Atrix is coming out next week with a gigabyte of ram. Also, why would the Atrix have a 5 mp camera when the Bionic has an 8 mp camera? They should be at least the same.

I don't consider it a slight. 512 is more than enough. The Atrix runs a separate OS via laptop dock. If it didn't, it would likely have 512 megs as well. If there was a slight, it would be exclusion of THAT feature. Obviously having a Xoom on your roster would make it hard to market that feature, so I can understand Verizon skipping it.

8 or 5 mp, I'm willing to bet my Droid X they'll perform the same. Why buy into carrier marketing tools? Who cares if one phone has more megapixels or RAM that will just go unused. These threads are starting to sound like the EVO vs iPhone vid "it has the GB's, and the wifi's"

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have a 10 year old (1) MP camera that takes a better picture than my Droid X. I would rather have more glass on a 5 MP camera than a pinhole on a 10 MP camera.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have a 10 year old (1) MP camera that takes a better picture than my Droid X. I would rather have more glass on a 5 MP camera than a pinhole on a 10 MP camera.

I'll agree with that. People think high MP means better pictures but it really depends on the lens size and type.

whodatt

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My next phone must have LTE (with VoLTE even better), Front camera (use Skype) and Near Field communication.
Due to this the DX2 is no go for me.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Until it gets a side facing camera its a no go for me. I can do without the gimmicky front facing camera, but no Side facing camera is a deal breaker. Ill stick with my DX.

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
While the specs rumored by Engadget aren't exactly a giant leap forward for the X, it seems to be a way to keep the X brand current while they work on the next big leap. The smartphone market evolves so quickly that devices can be outdated in a matter of months, so this isn't too bad an idea.

If the Engadget specs are right, then the I would guess the MobiZone pictures are fake as they don't feature a FFC. This has me holding out hope that the X2 will get some design tweaks as I'm not really in love with the physical appearance of the X1...

droidnewbie2011

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't care about LTE right now. I'm one of them. It hasn't been announced in my area and I don't want to pay extra for an LTE device. I don't think it's a bad upgrade. Dual core + 1 GB ram seems pretty nice. Not to mention the higher res screen. No front facing camera may bother some people, but I don't think I would ever use it. Overall it seems pretty cool to me. Not cool enough for me to upgrade from my current X, but still cool.

Yeah not to mention of the price to pay for 4g which is $40.00!! I am happy to be with my X and staying with 3g

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah not to mention of the price to pay for 4g which is $40.00!! I am happy to be with my X and staying with 3g

What are you talking about? Where did you see that price?

The only LTE data plan prices I've seen are for mobile broadband, and those rates do not apply for smartphone data plans.