Battery life dropped through the floor past 2 days - wakelock?

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed my battery was draining really fast yesterday and restarted my phone just to see if that would help. I charged it over night to 100% and left for work at 7. It is now 10 am, so 3 hours later the battery is at 50% with basically no usage what so ever.

I looked up the battery stats and it says "wakelock" is using over 60% of the battery life during this time period.

It appears that maybe my phone isn't sleeping?

Anyone know how to change this? I haven't changed any settings or installed any applications over the past few days. I installed some updates for apps, but I couldn't tell you which ones were updated.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of that or even seen something called "Wakelock" on my battery stats. I would power down & pull the battery for a little while to do a hard reset to see if that fixes it.

FYI: Newly updated apps will be towards the top of the list in the "My Apps" section of the Market.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The process is actually one of the ones that uses one of the Motorola application icons. The full name is cut off, but it is com.motorola.contacts.XXXXX

The "included packages" below it in battery usage include exchange, email, dialer, contacts, basically all of the Motorola contact services.

The only change I have made to any of my contact accounts has been to change my exchange password as was required by the domain sometime earlier this week. I'm wondering if it is somehow stuck now. I'm going to try to delete the exchange account and set it back up, since that is the only thing that has changed.

MikeBDey

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Astraelraen, did you find a solution to this problem? I idownloaded a system update on Wednesday (5/30/11) and immediately started having this same drain on my battery. Wakelock is drawing about 50% of my battery power.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Using WaveLock one can do real-time communication and collaboration in Outlook! WaveLook is a free plugin that integrates Google Wave into your Outlook inbox. It is the first and only native client for Google Wave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa