Gingerbread yet???

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's going to happen Verizon confirmed it, only question is when today probably not til later on this afternoon or evening

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im sure that there will be more threads started asking about GB, some locked, others merged before the OTA officially arrives next week :)

sent using TaPaTaLk

matalo

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I literally just got a replacement phone and it is still loaded with 2.3.340. No Gingerbread for replacements.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
A replacements device wont see a update until a month after the official gets released.. This is Verizons pattern with all devices..

Last edited:

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I replacements wont see a update until a month after the official gets released.. This is Verizons pattern with all devices..

Wow. Why is that? I was robbed at gunpoint last week and my original x was stolen. That's a big letdown, I was really looking for some gingerbread ota love. I haven't felt like setting up my replacement like my old one was, so I have kept it stock and awaiting the gb. That's crap.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Why is that? I was robbed at gunpoint last week and my original x was stolen. That's a big letdown, I was really looking for some gingerbread ota love. I haven't felt like setting up my replacement like my old one was, so I have kept it stock and awaiting the gb. That's crap.

I think he meant replacement phones still held in Verizon's stock don't get updated by Verizon until a month after the update.

If you get a replacement, you can get the OTA just like anyone else.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Aaaaaaah thank you. Sorry for the hysterics. Yeah it didn't make sense to me, but I see I took it wrong

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

They usually do not automatically start loading a update to replacement devices until the install is verified as functioning as usual, the user can update through regular update methods but at this time it isn't officially released on users devices so a replacement wont have it preinstalled either..

I really didn't expect the update anyway so I made a nane backup and back to 4.5.595

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
1.) Wildman & carlos31820, thanks for clarifying, I guess I was jumping to (illogical) conclusions too quickly. 2.) Naysayers, I can admit when I'm wrong! Looks like it's not today, even though vz contacted tech blogs and told them it would be. Well, no big deal. Maybe I'll just start going through the process of setting my x up like it was before anyway. It's not like root has been achieved for the ota yet, so maybe it's actually a good thing.

parabol216

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing June 3rd. and if it goes past june 3rd im loading up 595 rooting and flicking off Moto and VZW at the same time!

I know it could be worse, i could own a Captivate!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
check out this article. as it details, the update for the testers (the soak group on the moto forums) goes out late tonight. after that happens, the update will likely be pushed out in mass a week or so later. there is also a great chance that soon after the test update drops, there will be a .zip that will find its way onto the interwebs so you can update manually. keep your eyes on the android central blog and in the forums, as youll see news on that quickly after it happens, im sure.

also, keep eyes on this thread to see if anyone has it, and how it is working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress