HELP!! Stuck on M screen after updating to .596

afp77

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm currently stuck on the M screen after running an install of the download from tbh app to update my x to official .596. I was previously on a leaked version of Froyo. I did the following:

I did a backup with titanium back up and clockwork recovery
Next is wiped the following data in clockwork receover
Wipe data/Factory Reset
Wipe cahe partition
Wipe Dalvik cache
Then installed from the tbh zip file

It restarts and then gets stuck on the M screen. I can get it to start in bootloader 30.01

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

afp77

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello.... can anyone help with this as I really need to get my phone back up and running. Its my own fault, but really nee help! Thanks in advance

afp77

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I can get to the Android system recovery. I think I may have only installed one of two file. Is is possible to insert a different sd card with the other file and then install that file.
I've also tried to sbf back to VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf with RSD Lite 4.9 but that doesn't seem to work at all.

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Leaked Froyo??

You need to be on the official Froyo to update to Gingerbread.

You only option is to SBF froyo 2.3.340, root and bootstrap.
Flash the 2 tbh ginger zips and then reboot.
wipe cache and user data.

Good luck

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I can get to the Android system recovery. I think I may have only installed one of two file. Is is possible to insert a different sd card with the other file and then install that file.
I've also tried to sbf back to VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf with RSD Lite 4.9 but that doesn't seem to work at all.
wipe cache and partition after sbf ?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is the operating system of the computer your SBFing with? Windows or Mac ?

sent using TaPaTaLk

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Try Linux SBF Boot CD

I just notice your bootloader is 30.01, i thought that it should be 30.04 for froyo and gingerbread.

Try downloading the Linux SBF Froyo boot CD, that should eliminate any driver issues.

I have SBF my phone many times in Windows 7 64bit with RSD 4.9 no problems.
I always check the MD5 checksum of important files like these flash images.

Goodluck

Reactions: afp77

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you installed the deodexed version of 4.5.596 over Froyo and this will happen, you have to update to 4.5.588 GB before you can use the deodexed version or you will get stuck into a bootloop..

You now have to SBF to Froyo and then update to 4.5.588 GB and then the 4.5.596 Deodexed version (Dont have to with official unrooted version..)

afp77

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Found The Fix

So in the end executing an sbf back to stock Froyo is what did the trick. I personally wasn't able to get RSDLite 4.9 to flash the sbf file. I did how find a great resource when RSDLite couldn't do the trick. Basically I was able to flash stock Froyo by using a bootable usb drive. I've placed a link below that took my through the process. Worked perfectly and now my is up and running again. Just have to reinstate my backups. Here's the link to sbf from a bootable

Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums

Thanks again to everyone who chipped in to help

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So in the end executing an sbf back to stock Froyo is what did the trick. I personally wasn't able to get RSDLite 4.9 to flash the sbf file. I did how find a great resource when RSDLite couldn't do the trick. Basically I was able to flash stock Froyo by using a bootable usb drive. I've placed a link below that took my through the process. Worked perfectly and now my is up and running again. Just have to reinstate my backups. Here's the link to sbf from a bootable

Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums

Thanks again to everyone who chipped in to help

If you wanted to have a unrooted 4.5.596 you can update through update option on phone or check out http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot.../91109-full-4-5-596-sbf-file-gingerbread.html