Question Regarding Root and Gingerbread

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I just bought the Droid X2 from Verizon, and it shipped with Gingerbread. Now, since I'm obviously new to the device, I have no clue if there's a good root/recovery/rom flash method for the Gingerbread update. Moreover, I would like to know if it's relatively simple. I'm certainly no pro at adb and command interface, but if I had a nice step-by-step guide (if one exists for Gingerbread), I would be greatly appreciative. I really just want to clean up the DX2 and get some stock Gingerbread going on, if it exists. Thanks so much for the help if you're willing, I know that some people can get really annoyed with question threads...:-\

Mr One 2#AC

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
When your using this make sure ur in pc mode and usb debugging is on. Also if ur phone shipped w gb, it may be the one the statement at the end said which has been patched. Over at the xda forums there is a gb sbf file that you can dl that will work w this.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
When your using this make sure ur in pc mode and usb debugging is on. Also if ur phone shipped w gb, it may be the one the statement at the end said which has been patched. Over at the xda forums there is a gb sbf file that you can dl that will work w this.

Upon second try, it told me that I had successfully rooted the device, but the program was unable to push su. It then told me to unroot and then retry. It was at this point that I figured I was in over my head and stopped. Lol

LHKJohn

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
For flashing ROM's use the "system recovery" app. No need for a ROM manager. Just place the ROM zip file onto your sd card, open system recovery, plug into wall charger, click install system recovery, then run system recovery, wipe data/cache/davlik and run zip file. VOILA!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana