ICS on the DX2

Will the DX2 See ICS?

• Total voters

auxy

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I could be wrong; I was told that by a friend, but I can't find anything official now either. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

auxy

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I did; he says "I dunno, somewhere on the internet", which leads me to believe he read the same rumor everyone else did and just reported it to me as fact.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I'd say that is more than likely the case. Oh well, thanks for fact checking and clarifying though!! I think the other thing you mentioned, and, I had mentioned earlier in the thread, about the pending Google acquisition is valid though and hopefully that will work out in our favor. :D

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Even if it was the update that caused issues for you, does it mean that all future updates are flawed and that they couldn't address your or other problems?

I didn't have any problems with GB. I had issues with 2.3.4, but, it also addressed things, so, I overall I'd say I'm happy with it. And, I'd hope that future updates continue to address problems.

Additionally, this is the X2 forums. ; p Did you mean X2? If so, what problems have you had, maybe someone can help.

auxy

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I never really had any major issues with 2.3.x, except for a brief weirdness with the multi-touch keyboard, but that was resolved easily enough. 2.3.4 sort of broke HID support, but I just have to re-pair my keyboard every time I use it (before, I never had to re-pair it after the first time.)

It's worth noting that this was the behavior of EVERYTHING Bluetooth on my last phone, an LG enV (1, original). :p If I wanted to use a Bluetooth thing, that meant re-pairing. In my experience, Bluetooth just kinda sucks, but that's all off-topic for this thread anyway. I hope ICS fixes my Bluetooth issues.

materhead007

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I absolutely love my DROIDX2 and I had the original X but it was stolen thankfully I had insurance on it and they said they didn't have any in stock so they sent me a X2 I have been on it day and night trying to figure it out and I want to keep it for some time but whether or not they continue to give updates ics being a major update of course will play a big role in what I will do in continuing with Motorola as I have been completely loyal to them. I am trying to learn all I can about this phone and I am glad to have it as I was going to get the bionic but after all the bad reviews I decided against it also does anyone know if the new lapdock100 is goingvto be compatible with the X2?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I never really had any major issues with 2.3.x, except for a brief weirdness with the multi-touch keyboard, but that was resolved easily enough. 2.3.4 sort of broke HID support, but I just have to re-pair my keyboard every time I use it (before, I never had to re-pair it after the first time.)

It's worth noting that this was the behavior of EVERYTHING Bluetooth on my last phone, an LG enV (1, original). :p If I wanted to use a Bluetooth thing, that meant re-pairing. In my experience, Bluetooth just kinda sucks, but that's all off-topic for this thread anyway. I hope ICS fixes my Bluetooth issues.

I have not had any issues with Bluetooth and I'm on 2.3.4. I was able to connect my phone to my computer via Bluetooth as well as a Wii remote to my phone via Bluetooth. That is the extent I have used it, but, both worked flawlessly. Off topic, but, just wanted to get that out there. Perhaps it's just your one device. Maybe give some other devices a shot. :D

auxy

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, erm, well, it's that way with every device; I have two keyboards, a mouse, three headsets, a gamepad, a printer, two computers, another phone, and my car (the really annoying one, as pairing it has to be done while the car is running but in neutral); all of these devices require me to re-pair every time I want to use them...

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that if we don't get ICS for the DX2, I will never buy from Motorola again. Which is a shame because their hardware is second-to-none imo. Whatever Moto tells us, there is no excuse. The DX2 is perfectly and absolutely capable of running ICS.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, erm, well, it's that way with every device; I have two keyboards, a mouse, three headsets, a gamepad, a printer, two computers, another phone, and my car (the really annoying one, as pairing it has to be done while the car is running but in neutral); all of these devices require me to re-pair every time I want to use them...

Interesting. I never have to repair. Not my Wii remote to phone, not my phone to computer, and I swap between two bluetooth headsets and don't have a problem. My girlfriend has an X2 as well and we don't have to repair her headsets either. I wonder if it's an issue specific to your phone. How new is your X2?

All I know is that if we don't get ICS for the DX2, I will never buy from Motorola again. Which is a shame because their hardware is second-to-none imo. Whatever Moto tells us, there is no excuse. The DX2 is perfectly and absolutely capable of running ICS.

Yea, I agree. However, before I call it quits with Motorola entirely, I'd need to see if other manufacturers are doing this as well. If it's starting to become more common to abandon phones, I'll just go with whatever the best phone for the best price is. But, I agree, our phone is definitely capable of handling ICS.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
We both got ours in the beginning of June, so, close to launch. I wonder why you have so many issues, and, we have none. :confused:

Spectacle.Guru

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My predictions on which Moto devices will get ICS:

Definitely getting it:

All Xoom variants
RAZR
Bionic
Atrix 2
Photon
Droid 3

Undetermined:
Atrix 1
X2
D2G

Definitely not getting ICS:
Droid X
Droid Pro
Droid 2
Droid 1 and all comparable devices

The Droid Pro may not officially get it from Verizon but it does run it just fine. JackpotClavin has a nice port of CM9 ICS out there that has everything working except the camera and I'm sure that is just a matter of time.

gardy0701

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Pro may not officially get it from Verizon but it does run it just fine. JackpotClavin has a nice port of CM9 ICS out there that has everything working except the camera and I'm sure that is just a matter of time.

If you don't read the General discussion on XDA you should, I will find the post and get a link over here but it sounds like the X2 is not slated for ICS at all.

Stupid Moto! :banghead:

Edit: here is one of the XDA posts...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23571897

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't read the General discussion on XDA you should, I will find the post and get a link over here but it sounds like the X2 is not slated for ICS at all.

Stupid Moto! :banghead:

Edit: here is one of the XDA posts...
New Moto Soak Text for x2? - Page 3 - xda-developers

Can you post the specific proof they mentioned? I started to read it, but, it was page 4/10 and everything I had read in a couple pages was all just people's opinions. I'm not saying there isn't proof on there, I was just hoping you could post it so I don't have to sift through it and you already know where the proof is. Thanks.

gardy0701

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Can you post the specific proof they mentioned? I started to read it, but, it was page 4/10 and everything I had read in a couple pages was all just people's opinions. I'm not saying there isn't proof on there, I was just hoping you could post it so I don't have to sift through it and you already know where the proof is. Thanks.

Here is a link to a different Site that has the letter to one of the members of the XDA forum to the better business bearau.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/03/13/motorola-droid-x2-not-getting-android-4-0/

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link to a different Site that has the letter to one of the members of the XDA forum to the better business bearau.

Motorola Droid X2 Not Getting Android 4.0?

That's really sad. I'm quite disappointed with Moto. At least it wasn't a 100% no. Seems like there is still a chance, as unlikely as it seems. Thanks for the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress