Droid X2 completely locking up after charging overnight

Rynoth

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my new X2 for a total of 4 days and 3 nights... everything about the phone has been fantastic, except for one very serious issue...

For 2 of the past 3 nights, I have awakened to a locked up phone. After charging through the night as I sleep, in the morning the phone is completely locked up, with a steady "green" led (as though it's still charging) even after unplugging it. I've waited for awhile and it never recovers... eventually I must do a battery pull to get it working again. Additionally, yesterday I had manually set the clock (i don't like it automatically changing time zones on me) and after the battery pull-reset, the clock showed the time as 00:54 when it was about 9AM. Somehow even the internal clock had been reset.

This is a serious issue for me as I regurlarly rely on my phone to be a dependable alarm clock, and am generally "on call" through the night.

Keyster

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Droid X2 Issues

I too have been having serious issues with my X2, from locking up randomly, very slow, Lock screen just sits for 2 seconds before unlocking, the Mirror mode locks the screen. These issues are a deal breaker, and the long anticipated Gingerbread update is still just a promise. ................../what to do?

I know my original Droid X worked much faster and was more dependable than the X2!!

bizymare

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I came here specifically to find out if anyone else is having this problem. It's happened 4 or 5 times now and I've had the phone for 11 days - and I leave Tuesday to chaperone kids to DC. I need to be available and have a dependable alarm clock. With this charging/lock up issue, I am definitely not available and thank goodness I will have my iPad for an alarm.

Total deal breaker here. Anyone call Verizon?

Rynoth

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Update for myself:

4th night, phone charged normally through the night.

5th night, I was rudely awakened by the "DROID" and "VERIZON WIRELESS" speech at about 3am. Picked up the phone and it was just finishing its boot-up process. Apparently a random re-boot. The phone did not lock up.

floridatank#AC

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not personally had any of these problems. Are any of you rooted? Do any of you have a cache cleaner that cycles at night that might send it into a reset?

ljewlove

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not personally had any of these problems. Are any of you rooted? Do any of you have a cache cleaner that cycles at night that might send it into a reset?

Im having the same issues except my phone also has problems making calls quite often, I press the green call button and NOTHING happens until I do a reboot of my phone.

jenylulu

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
x2 freezing/rebooting

I've had my droid x2 for 4 days now, and at first all was well, but then on day 2 when i was listing to pandora it powered off. So, thinking it might have just been the app i switched to the music player but it did it a couple more times. Also the phone will just freeze for up to a minute, and occasionally longer. sometimes in an app and sometimes just switching between screens or using the camera. it is completely obnoxious. it will also lag a few seconds during different functions as well. so much for super fast speeds with a dual core processor. i don't know if anyone else is having this particular problem... perhaps it's an app i have? i have lookout for mobile security.

jenylulu

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
i've also missed at least a couple of phone calls with this phone and a few texts as well. i use it for work and need to be able to communicate with my bosses quickly.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens to me.

I've had my droid x2 for 4 days now, and at first all was well, but then on day 2 when i was listing to pandora it powered off. So, thinking it might have just been the app i switched to the music player but it did it a couple more times. Also the phone will just freeze for up to a minute, and occasionally longer. sometimes in an app and sometimes just switching between screens or using the camera. it is completely obnoxious. it will also lag a few seconds during different functions as well. so much for super fast speeds with a dual core processor. i don't know if anyone else is having this particular problem... perhaps it's an app i have? i have lookout for mobile security.

Yep, it's happening to me with pandora. Strange thing is that it just started doing it where it
didn't do it 2 weeks ago. It's also randomly shutting off.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't charged overnight yet but yesterday my DROID x2 died and when I went to charge it it took 5 minutes to register it was charging, stayed at zero percent for 10 more minutes and then I did a battery pull and it said it was 15% charged. My girlfriend had the same problem not long after me.

bizymare

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not rooted... it's an out of the box unit. No cache cleaner, no task killer app. And it's getting slower and I haven't downloaded many apps. Might have to do a factory reset and see what happens.

dd420

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second dx2 vzw replaced my first one for this reason now the second one is randomly shuting down and locking up and getting stuck in the boot loop, my son has the same phone doing the same thing. just got off the phone with vzw and the tech guy say's they never hear of these issues with the dx2 thay are a very reliable phone (BS) and are going to send me a third phone.I just love starting over again.:mad:

bizymare

May 20, 2011
Visit site
My reboots slowed down to one every few days after the Gingerbread update but now, since the update, airplane mode randomly turns on and won't turn off. Have to do a battery pull. This is the most frustrating phone I ever had.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second dx2 vzw replaced my first one for this reason now the second one is randomly shuting down and locking up and getting stuck in the boot loop, my son has the same phone doing the same thing. just got off the phone with vzw and the tech guy say's they never hear of these issues with the dx2 thay are a very reliable phone (BS) and are going to send me a third phone.I just love starting over again.:mad:

We have two X2s in our household, and, other than the occasional reboot, we don't have any issues like this. We both love our phones. Sorry to hear you guys are having such bad experiences. :'(

Who setup your phone/your son's phone? Did you setup both? Did your son setup both? If so, it may have been something you/your son did. Not trying to place blame. Just curious. If you guys both got your phones and set them up yourselves and had the same issues, then that's really crazy. If you bought them at the same time I wonder if it was something with that batch of X2s.

Were these new phones or refurbs?