"new every 2" question

whatawuss

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
is this only available via the verizon online store or verizon wireless shops?

i almost got a droid from best buy today for $150, but they didn't know anything about the NE2. does verizon credit your account for the $50/$100 even if you buy a phone from somebody else? (the FAQ on vzw's website was pretty non-informative about this.)

thanks!

p4tr1ck

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
yeah I think you have to call verizon and have them make a note on your account that you're eligible for it. after that you should be able to get it from BB.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i've heard they will do this at best buy.

i don't like getting cell phones at best buy, most of them seem to employ idiots that are bound to screw up my phone plan somehow or another.

the instant rebates are nice though.

maybe call one of the best buys that has the fancy mobile department (i forgot what they call them) and they should be more knowledgeable on getting it done for you

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
They call it Best Buy Mobile lol and yea Im almost positive that BB will give you NE2 but Im not 100% sure. They do however have almost the exact same computer system as VZW so they should be able to do anything that they can do.

demon117

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
BestBuy should have the exact same computer system as a VZWireless store to check your account. My experience with anyone but the VZ folks on the phone has been pretty shady buying phones, not that the customer service folks have any idea what their talking about.

Best place to check if you have a "new every two" is on the website, also that is where I ordered mine for $99 and didn't have to worry about mail in rebates. Though I won't get mine until mid next week, so I lose out on immediate gratification :p.

Call up VZ customer service and check to see if you are eligible, if you were you'll need to go into the store and speak to a manager to get it straightend out, good luck on that... they take a while (months for my last $100 dollar savings).

Sorry for the bad news.

-Demon117

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
There is not a Best Buy Mobile in every Best Buy store. If there is they will be great with helping you. They are trained the same way as the carrier reps and use the exact same web server as the reps would in the carrier store. In my experience it is easier going through them to get a new phone. They are quick and do not try to add all sorts of extrax to your plan.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I got my Droid as part of my NE2 program at the nearby Best Buy mobile. They set up an appointment to get me transitioned. They were running behind but based on my experience at the VZW store, they were better to work with.

whatawuss

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the answers guys.

basically i convinced BB to give me the phone for $150 (price-matching with walmart, event though i think the walmart offer was only for new customers). but then i wanted them to also apply my NE2 discount of $50, and at first they didn't seem to know what it was, and then they weren't willing to do it.

anyway i called up VZW today and the woman there said that it only applies to stuff bought through their website or their stores.

so i guess i'm outta luck. i might try the best buy mobile people to see if they're any more helpful. thanks again!

bunit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Some Best Buy's will do the NE2 and some won't, it all depends on the mobile manager, and if the employee feels like doing it. (They don't get reimbursed from them) The Best Buy employee can log in to a program similar to the one vzw uses and they can check your ne2 in there.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the answers guys.

basically i convinced BB to give me the phone for $150 (price-matching with walmart, event though i think the walmart offer was only for new customers). but then i wanted them to also apply my NE2 discount of $50, and at first they didn't seem to know what it was, and then they weren't willing to do it.

anyway i called up VZW today and the woman there said that it only applies to stuff bought through their website or their stores.

so i guess i'm outta luck. i might try the best buy mobile people to see if they're any more helpful. thanks again!

Your NE2 price would be the 150. Walmart does NOT offer NE2, so asking someone to price match Walmart and then give you your discount on top of that is kinda shady.

You're getting a $600 phone for 150.. I paid 600 for it and I consider it a good investment, you should be happy you can get it for 150

demon117

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Droid for $99 with the NE2 off the website with the instant promotion ($100 mail in at the store or over the phone). I highly recommend using the site, unless it says you don't get the discounts.

ETA - Tuesday!!!!

rainbowbrite812

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Your NE2 price would be the 150. Walmart does NOT offer NE2, so asking someone to price match Walmart and then give you your discount on top of that is kinda shady.

You're getting a $600 phone for 150.. I paid 600 for it and I consider it a good investment, you should be happy you can get it for 150

yeah, they wouldn't do it for me either, which i was fine with, i just wanted the instant rebate...if coulda gotten the xtra $50 off, that would've been great but i didn't expect them to. the lady said it was double dipping and they couldn't do both, but they'd do one or the other, since they were both $150, i was cool with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress