Virtual Keyboard Oddities

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had my MotoDroid for the last 3 days and I've been enjoying it immensely. I've run into an issue yesterday that's driving me nuts. Every now and then when I'm typing on the virtual keyboard it will register 1 key press multiple times. For instance, I can press the letter "A" once and have it appear 5 times. It even frequently registers a press on a key that I didn't even touch. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you solve the issue?

JRoid

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I think you have a defected button. I suggest return it and just get a new one. Don't even deal with those annoying issues during the first 30 days.

R

Roy Aguilera

Some others have complained about the same issue. I personally have not experienced it yet.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll try resetting the phone and if it continues I'll take it back. The issue is intermittent but it's damn annoying.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue. Two things, do you have the privacy screen protector on? Also does it only happen when you are charging the phone? I think either of those are the cause. I had both of those going on when mine was acting like that.

jetswa737

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue. Two things, do you have the privacy screen protector on? Also does it only happen when you are charging the phone? I think either of those are the cause. I had both of those going on when mine was acting like that.

I have had the same problem with the virtual keyboard when charging. It is like it becomes extra sensitive. So i just slow down a little bit when typing. I will say that everyday I have gotten better and faster with typing using the virtual keyboard. I never use the physical keyboard. It just annoys me.

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I was experiencing this when I had it plugged in to my blackberry storm's charger, which some how messed with the screen (the whole screen was acting erratically). It doesn't do it for the included charger, nor when it is unplugged.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I traded my unit in for a new 1 just to be safe and the new 1 does the same thing. And now that I think about it I do believe that it only happens while my phone is charging. I thought maybe my time with the Storm had ruined me for regular touchscreen phones. Lol.