FaceBook 2 accounts

prchoudh

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I have 2 accounts on FB that I want to view and post threads to. If I load 2 widgets on different home screens, it views the same account. How can I keep these 2 independent?

Thanks

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I know this is old but I figured I'd put this here in case you're still looking for assistance. This is from another post I made.

Several people (including myself) have 2 Facebook (FB) accounts. There are various reasons for keeping 2 accounts (for me 1 is my personal account with people I know and 1 is my games account with a couple thousand people I don't really know).

Before I got my Droid X, I was thinking about how I was going to manage the automatic syncing of all my facebooks contacts to my phone...I certainly didn't want 2500 contacts in my phonebook. That's when I created my second "personal" account, keeping the old one for games. Now, how to manage both on my phone. I found a workaround that while not perfect it does let you use both accounts while mobile.

I set up my Moto Social Networking account with my FB Personal Account. This lets me have my widget to keep track of status updates. I then downloaded "Facebook For Android" from the market. I was a little hesitant because of all the negative comments, but it works well for basic FB stuff (posts, status updates, uploading photos, msgs, etc.)

Then, I went to FB on my browser (Dolphin HD is pretty good...set it up as desktop so it takes you to the full site) and logged in with my FB Games account (also set to remember me so I don't have to log in every time).

Now I can manage both accounts. Facebook for Android let's me do most things I want on my personal account and FB on the web let's me play my games on the Games account. They both stay signed in constantly.

One thing to consider is that FB for Android notifications take you to the net to view it. So if you follow it you'll need to sign in with the correct account to view it. It's not a perfect solution but it does let me keep in touch with my friends and play my games from my phone without having to constantly sign in and out. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress