OFFICIAL: Motorla Droid getting Froyo next week

samdroid

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW multiple times, no luck. I have a feeling that this is being rolled out alphabetically, last name wise. My last name begins with one of the last few alphabets. Now, this is just a hunch, I've got nothing to back this.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Based on some of the more recent posts on this thread, the latest OTA update is FRG01B - is that right? So, if I manually installed FRG01B a couple of weeks ago when it was posted on AC, I'm not going to get any new update?

Sinister666

Aug 17, 2010
www.facebook.com
rooting my droid too

I ran the leaked Vzw ROM today. It was fine. I was able to download the wifi tether and it ran BUT I am rooted so not sure how that figures in. I do not want the OTA update as I am running over clocked on 2.2 now with bb .4 and didn't see anything extra in the Vzw release. Rom manager rules.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm looking into rooting my phone too. I've got the update.zip file for froyo 2.2 on my phone, just haven't applied it yet. Little nervous about rooting my phone honestly. Got two things i wanna do once i root and that's up the max speed of my processor to 1.2ghz with a minimum of 3-400mhz and mainly be able to start developing apps. :cool:

firefan458

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I got an update on my phone, but I don't want it because I'm already running rooted 2.2 and want to keep my tethering....only thing is my phone won't stop notifying me that it's available!!!!!!!! make it stop!!!!!!!!!!

marcssc

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
My wife just got it on my old Droid at about 9:45. I have been playing with her phone. No flash yet, wasn't a big fan of it when I was rooted though

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thursday the 19th and still no Froyo yo

Here in Connecticut, last name starts with a P, running a stock Droid with 2.1

frowny faces all around.... Phil told me by the 18th.... 18th come and gone.

Any thoughts?

LarryPinsky

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I already have FroYo, FRG01 by Pete rooted on my phone. Now I am being asked to update to 2.2 by the OTA system update. Do I update this? Won't that get rid of my root access?

Is there a way to bypass this update? And I don't mean by clicking on the Install Later button everytime I want to use the phone.

MsRed

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My OTA update came in about 5am this morning. Louisville Kentucky.

Same here, Cincinnati. So far, not so good. If I get a notification, I can do some things in that app (Twidroyd, text, email, follow links, etc.), but no home screen. It's just black. I will be making a trip to the closest VZW store at lunch to see if they can determine what's going on with it. :confused:

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I already have FroYo, FRG01 by Pete rooted on my phone. Now I am being asked to update to 2.2 by the OTA system update. Do I update this? Won't that get rid of my root access?

Is there a way to bypass this update? And I don't mean by clicking on the Install Later button everytime I want to use the phone.

It is my understanding that the update will get rid of your root access.

marcssc

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
TheDarkerShadow, my theory is that the update is going out alphabetically by last names. Mine starts with a "T". Is yours in the neighborhood? Like I said earlier, this is just a hunch of mine.
I got it at 9:45pm in Cal last night and my last name starts with a t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38