Auto Mounting=annoying

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
not really a monumentally big deal but every time i plug my phone into my computer my droid feels that it has to mount to my PC all by itself. i would like to just be able to plug my phone in without being forced to mount then unmount. this is particuraly annoying with 2.2 as the orange/green android flashes on my screen a bunch. is there a setting or something i'm missing here i've looked but i can't find it anywhere. your help is much appreciated thanks guys :D

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm crazy I have been running some form of 2.2 for awhile and that hasn't happened to me once. My phone just says USB connected and wont mount unless I physically mount it.

therealwags

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this with 2.2 as well, except in my case it wouldn't automatically mount, it would just bring up that annoying orange/green mount screen everytime I connected to USB. I would usually just hit "Home" or "Back" to make it disappear...but it is annoying to have to do that.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
yah it's been happening to me since 2.1, oh well i'll live another day thanks for looking guys

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this with 2.2 as well, except in my case it wouldn't automatically mount, it would just bring up that annoying orange/green mount screen everytime I connected to USB. I would usually just hit "Home" or "Back" to make it disappear...but it is annoying to have to do that.

You are describing exactly what should happen. Your phone is not mounted its just making it easy to mount if you wanted to. I think it is an improvement for people "less tech savy" to mount their phone. I do not think hitting the back button is such a huge deal, but I usually just plug my phone in and don't bother with it.

For everyone else having the issue are you sure its actually mounting or is it just displaying the screen for it. Also if so what rom/build are you using, I have never experienced this problem.

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started auto mounting earlier this week and it is pain. I know it's actually mounting because the Windows 7 machine it's connected to pops up the dialog asking me what I want to do with my attached storage device and the Droid itself presents the option to 'unmount'.

Why would this start happening all of the sudden? I poked around in Settings looking for a setting that that controls this auto mounting, but no joy.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started auto mounting earlier this week and it is pain. I know it's actually mounting because the Windows 7 machine it's connected to pops up the dialog asking me what I want to do with my attached storage device and the Droid itself presents the option to 'unmount'.

Why would this start happening all of the sudden? I poked around in Settings looking for a setting that that controls this auto mounting, but no joy.

I agree this is very strange, What various roms/build is everyone running?

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
stock 2.1, then stock 2.2 i am 100% sure it's actually mounting i know what orange looks like lol.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
This started happening to me a few weeks ago. It happened on Droidmod and now on 2.2. It sucks because I now have to bring my wall charger to work. They are not big fans of portable hard drives showing up.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Auto mounting started happening to me ever since I started using 2.2 roms. All of them have been this way. At first I thought it was a 2.2 thing but now that I see people having have been seeing this since 2.1 makes me question. And mine doesn't bring up the droid automatically however it simply connects to my computer automatically.

funkytoad

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh it's a "feature" that came with "doubletwist"... Here's the answer:
answers.oreilly.com/topic/1617-how-to-disable-android-usb-auto-mount/

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
oops, looks like this was already answered. Sorry. The DoubleTwist app enables auto-mount (not sure is it is the default or not). You can turn it off. Worth a look if you are using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38