AA just started reading texts messages automatically unprompted

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

This past week if I get a text message, Android Auto just starts reading the message.

This is fine if I am the only one in the car, but I really don't want my idiot buddies messages read automatically when I have other people in the car. No telling what they may say.

I have dug through settings and I can't find anywhere to turn of auto reading of messages.

I used to get a notification that a message came in and I could hit read or ask Android Auto to read it.

Maybe Android Auto is now forcing messages to read outloud for safety reasons?

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? Here are the setting options I have on android auto.

2021 Jeep Wrangler | Android Auto 11 | Android 14

Attachments

• settings3.jpg
    settings3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Settings2.jpg
    Settings2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 17
  • settins1.jpg
    settins1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 16

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you may have inadvertently turn on auto read. That is a function of Google Assistant in driving mode (not necessarily Android Auto. But Android Auto runs in driving mode too)
Steps to turn on/off are in this article. (Note: this is not a setting on your car's infotainment)

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep I searched all my settings and nothing. Then I pressed the button on my steering wheel and said "turn off auto-read". Fixed, thanks.

The weird thing is I never gave it the command "turn on auto-read".

Auto read is nice if you are traveling solo, I think I may use it now that I know how to turn it on and off.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000