Sound issue - 2.2 update

cy8ercop

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this may be a minor issue to most people here on the forums, but for whatever reason, when I force updated my Moto-Droid to 2.2, the "Droid" sound effect when the phone is turned on and off is now gone.. it just vibrates.. the sound file is still there and works when you play it manually, or attach it to an event, (calender, message, etc.) But will not play during the power on and off cycles..

Also, in an unrelated note--- I read somewhere on Android Central that when they were tearing apart the new Droid 2, that the new keyboard appeared to have the identical plug ins as the original.. that there may be a possibility to swap out keyboards.. Anyone know if there is truth to that rumor? I would love to be able to keep my original Droid and have a Droid 2 keyboard on it..

Thanks!

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I posted a thread about the same problem with the droid power on/off sound. It's an alert when the SD card is mounting/un-mounting. No one responded. I believe FroYo removed it since there is not longer an option under sounds to choose a tone for mounting/un-mounting of the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87