Droid 2.1 question?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Guys keep it civil please. IMHO there isn't much point in carrying on about this update, but as long as you're following the forum rules, people aren't just making up nonsense, and it doesn't get wildly out of hand, feel free to speculate all you want. The other thread was closed because people started taking things personal and completely off-topic.

Having said that, the closest and most reliable source on the 2.1 update is in the stickied FAQ. I also agree with Chris, that Q1 ends in March, so people might as well get used to waiting a little bit longer.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Heh, I thought it was funny over at Droidforums that Miami guy had a "rock solid" source that the facebook fix was part of a "preupdate" rollout and we were gonna have 2.1 on all devices before month end.

Bwahahaha, what a moron. So much for HIS info.

3083joe

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
1. Stop discussing this. This topic has been beaten to death numerous times already.
2. 2.1 will come when Motorola and Verizon think it's ready for us. Don't believe Wikipedia or your rumor sites that say it'll be released OTA in January. "Quarter 1 2010" means shut up and wait until March 31, then start complaining again.
3. Root your phone if you want 2.1 so badly. It's a very simple task if you're not a total retard. You're only going to disappoint yourselves, doing this over and over.

Completely, if u know verizon and u have use bb just do one or the other
Wait or Root

bbianchi

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I dont think its going to be 2.1..

perhaps 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or 2.2... 2.1 as released on the Nexus is too "old" now. Why introduce such old ****ty code to the DROID? If I was writing software id fix the bugs found in 2.1 and then release that.

Lets see how smart google and moto are.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I dont think its going to be 2.1..

perhaps 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or 2.2... 2.1 as released on the Nexus is too "old" now. Why introduce such old ****ty code to the DROID? If I was writing software id fix the bugs found in 2.1 and then release that.

Lets see how smart google and moto are.

What do you believe they are doing? Lol

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
That annoys me. Nexus one gets multitouch update & all the rest, and we are sitting here twirling our thumbs.

Eff you, Google.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Uh..we haven't seen a 2.1 update yet. There is no reason to believe we won't see that in our update whenever it comes.

Be patient. I had to wait over a year for an update to my 6800/Mogul to even make it usable back in the day. Anyways it could be worse, we could be stuck with 1.6 like HTC users.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Uh..we haven't seen a 2.1 update yet. There is no reason to believe we won't see that in our update whenever it comes.

Be patient. I had to wait over a year for an update to my 6800/Mogul to even make it usable back in the day. Anyways it could be worse, we could be stuck with 1.6 like HTC users.

That's true, but its still not the best thing to seemingly abandon your most popular android handset ever. Yes, the Nexus One is more powerful. Who has the most users, and will increase market share? Droid.

I know, we/I should be patient. I'm annoyed, regardless.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Patientence? Your joking right? Google abandoned other devices to push their own, plain and simple. They gave up on Droid for Nexus. Droid has been out longer, and has more units sold. There is no reason why Droid should not have 2.1 by now, there is no reason Nexus one should be getting an update to 2.1 ahead of Droid getting the orignal 2.1. The only reason is for google to push their phone over someone elses.

Which company is evil again?

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
The fact that this phone has gotten updated at all since launch is pretty remarkable. I guess the fact that I come from HTC Windows Mobile smartphones has given me a different perspective. I sold my Touch Pro because 10 months later it was still horribly broken software wise. HTC got it out but Sprint never released a fix (in my time with it, dunno if they did yet).

Google isn't the reason 2.1 isn't out yet for the Droid is it? I'm pretty sure its up to the carrier and phone manufacturer to get it released for the phone.

Be thankful that the Droid works so well that the update isn't really necessary today. 2.1 is coming soon enough and I'm sure we'll get all the good features in time. You guys are worse than the blackberry people crying for 5.0 to come out.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The fact that this phone has gotten updated at all since launch is pretty remarkable. I guess the fact that I come from HTC Windows Mobile smartphones has given me a different perspective. I sold my Touch Pro because 10 months later it was still horribly broken software wise. HTC got it out but Sprint never released a fix (in my time with it, dunno if they did yet).

Google isn't the reason 2.1 isn't out yet for the Droid is it? I'm pretty sure its up to the carrier and phone manufacturer to get it released for the phone.

Be thankful that the Droid works so well that the update isn't really necessary today. 2.1 is coming soon enough and I'm sure we'll get all the good features in time. You guys are worse than the blackberry people crying for 5.0 to come out.

It is the fact that this phone seems to be pushed to the side by google as so as they drop the Nexus. Also your HTC Pro running on Winmo is your own problem...what were you thinking? Winmo...Seriously?

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It is the fact that this phone seems to be pushed to the side by google as so as they drop the Nexus. Also your HTC Pro running on Winmo is your own problem...what were you thinking? Winmo...Seriously?

Hey the 6800 (Once updated anyways) was a solid phone. It shipped as a turd in a box but they did a good job polishing it. so did the fine folks at XDA.

The TP was broken from day one and even custom roms didn't fix that. Thank god I got that POS for free, sold it and ended up profiting bigtime.

I dunno, I just don't see a cause for alarm here. Rooting is an option here if you desperately want 2.1 today. The update was promised 1st quarter of 2010. We still have 60 days before we should freak out.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

Haha I was on crackberry for awhile when I owned one - no, they were much worse. It doesn't look that way now, because either they have succumbed to the idea it will never come, or already running 5.0 cracks...which I had :D.

We are "crying" mainly because so much support was implied for this phone, and yet any of it has yet to materialize. In my opinion.

G

GenericMessage

I do agree that it is pretty crappy about Google updating the N1 before they update the top selling android device on the market.

But the fine people at Google, Motorola, and Verizon have all confirmed that the Droid will get 2.1 in Q1 2010.

Verizon has too much riding on this to try to piss over several hundred thousand of its customers all at once.

And if they don't and it turns out to be false promises? Well I see a lot of Verizon customers picking up something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89