Seidio releases extended 2600 mAh battery

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
They claim it has 87% more battery life than the stock battery. Sadly, the new back door that comes with it is not the best looking but that's just my opinion.

Are you willing sacrifice the look of your Droid to gain some battery time?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I can definitely see it to be useful for some, but for my money I'll wait for their OEM fit extended. I'm sure it wont be anything drastic but if its better than stock and doesnt take up extra space then why not?

Do the OEM cradles have gaps to accomadte something like this?

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
No way would I put this on my phone. Battery life has not been enough of an issue to go for this. Better solutions will come eventually.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping they'd do a better job of designing the battery and cover, that thing is ugly. Although I'd like longer battery life (who wouldn't?) I'll wait until something better comes along.

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I am going to have to echo the other comments in that my battery life is good enough so that I do not want that thing hanging off the back of my droid. I think it would totally lose the ability to go into a pocket.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i agree, not worth it, personally if i REALLY needed more battery life i'd just buy another battery and keep it in my bag/car and swap when one ran out.

probably cheaper that way too...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I would never buy this, but Seido does have an extended life battery coming out that isn't supposed to add any extra bulk to the phone. We'll have to wait and see what the capacity is.

jammin

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Why wouldn't it? How is 2600mAh confusing versus stock 1400? It's absolutely going to get better battery life, it holds almost twice as much energy.

Lol i just meant after other folks on the forums review it and actually find that it lasts a couple of days.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Scratch my last comment. I just checked their website, and apparently the slim battery was changed from an extended life battery to just a replacement 1350mAh battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non