Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
see i am just hoping that there is something exclusive for the droid, something that hasn't been released or mentioned even. otherwise everything that comes with it will just be a packaged upgrade with everything we have been able to add the past 2 months manually (gallery, media player, multi-touch). i just think it is a disappointment if nothing is different or added because this could have been pushed out in december, january or even febuary. it just seems like this update was not a priority for verizon and possibly even motorola. think of it this way, Verizon has probably already peaked at droid sales (they will sell more but it will be over time and not as much as they have over the past 4 months) and Motorola is working on the droid 2 and other devices which have their proprietary system, motoblur. I think if this was a major deal to Motorola and even more importantly to Verizon, this would have been released a while ago. this update was dragged out longer than needed. hell, if Rom Creators can make roms that incorporate all of these extras way before this update comes out then why couldn't this have been out in january or febuary.

don't get me wrong, this is definitely better than nothing but i just cant help but feel the long wait was unnecessary.

ebruot

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
see i am just hoping that there is something exclusive for the droid, something that hasn't been released or mentioned even. otherwise everything that comes with it will just be a packaged upgrade with everything we have been able to add the past 2 months manually (gallery, media player, multi-touch). i just think it is a disappointment if nothing is different or added because this could have been pushed out in december, january or even febuary. it just seems like this update was not a priority for verizon and possibly even motorola. think of it this way, Verizon has probably already peaked at droid sales (they will sell more but it will be over time and not as much as they have over the past 4 months) and Motorola is working on the droid 2 and other devices which have their proprietary system, motoblur. I think if this was a major deal to Motorola and even more importantly to Verizon, this would have been released a while ago. this update was dragged out longer than needed. hell, if Rom Creators can make roms that incorporate all of these extras way before this update comes out then why couldn't this have been out in january or febuary.

don't get me wrong, this is definitely better than nothing but i just cant help but feel the long wait was unnecessary.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

R

Roy Aguilera

Only thing that it might add that is not on the pdf file that is in the front page is:
A block for Root.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect anything extra. Bottom line is this update is still not late, yeah the rug was pulled out from under us but maybe they just added Live wallpapers in that time? I don't expect anything beyond what they told us we're getting.

Last edited:

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Howd an HTC hero 2.0 thread get here?

Look on the front page... Did someone merge an htc thread into this thread?

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

It is among the friendliest sites I have ever been to. Droid owners like BB Storm 1/2 owners just expect the best and want it now.

Honestly, this highly anticipated update has brought out the ugliest sides of people. Just glad that its here. Then we can lock this badboy up and open an official findings thread. ;)

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
It is among the friendliest sites I have ever been to. Droid owners like BB Storm 1/2 owners just expect the best and want it now.

Honestly, this highly anticipated update has brought out the ugliest sides of people. Just glad that its here. Then we can lock this badboy up and open an official findings thread. ;)

I hear ya. Maybe now I keep the droid and forget the nexus. We will see.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Only thing that it might add that is not on the pdf file that is in the front page is:
A block for Root.

haha ya that could be true. im sure some hacker will get passed it if that is true. time will tell though.

im sure a lot of people are debating about unrooting for the update but it just doesn't seem reasonable to unroot. why not just wait and do it when the file is available to manually install? that seems like the most beneficial way to experience the official update and still have guaranteed root access for future use

nunzio

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how many home screens will be supported. 3 is too few and every home screen replacement I have tried slowed my droid down.

gonzoguy24

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
3 will be what it comes with...get a home replacement if you want more...or root your phone to add a 5 screen launcher...

I think the only exclusive tidbit this update will add is the neural network live wallpaper which is a darker only red lights version of the nexus one (red yellow blue green lights) live wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.