Bricked my phone?

deutschdragon

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I had my Droid A855 updated to Froyo and rooted. Everything was great until I got the OTA update for 2.3. I didn't install it initially, because I wanted to make sure 2.3 was rooted before I applied it. I found the thread showing it had been, so I went to unroot my phone. I could not get the unroot process to work, so I decided to wipe it back to factory. This was over a week ago. It's now on Android 2.2, but I have yet to receive any OTA updates. I decided to attempt the Froyo manual update listed on these forums, but when I attempt to apply it, I get a long error, which at the end shows "E:Error in /sdcard//update.zip (status 7)".

Does anyone have a method that I could update my phone to 2.3?

deutschdragon

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I'm not sure why I thought the update was for 2.3. I guess that version hasn't been released for the Droid yet.

But I know Android 2.2, FRG22D is not the current version/build. Could someone guide me on how to push the newest to my phone?

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am reluctant to sound off in a Droid forum when I have a Droid 2, but let me say that when I go to About phone in settings, it says I am running version 2.2, but I am running build nr 2.3.something. Versions and builds are different. Hope this helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty