Newbie Question

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, I would like to say that this forum is great. Only having my Droid for about a week, I have learned so much. This is just a quick question or more of an observation. I switched from an LG Versa and the one thing that I've noticed is you can't scroll through pictures by just sliding your finger across the screen. It's not a big deal to press the little arrow button but just something I thought was weird not to have on a touchscreen phone. If I'm being an idiot and am missing something please let me know. I know, stupid observation but thought I would throw it out there.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid/4903-leaked-2-1-gallery.html

- install Astro file manager (free) from the market on your Droid
- go into settings-applications and make sure unknown sources is selected.
- plug Droid into your computer and mount it
- Download file from 2.1 Gallery
- Extract .apk file and move it to the root of the sd card
- Unplug Droid
- Open Astro file manager, select the file and choose install

you'll see 2 gallery apps in your app list and the second one should be the new gallery

Last edited:

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
After I installed the 2.1 gallery and played around with it, I went back to the stock gallery. Had too many little quirks for me. It did exactly what I wanted but seemed a little buggy. Hopefully work out the kinks before the official 2.1 release.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah.... I'm always a little hesitant to use leaked stuff. The stock gallery is decent enough for me. If it was an app that would be different, but leaked stuff doesn't sit well with me.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's not so much a leak as it is the 2.1 app that has just been pulled out of the 2.1 rom and made installable separately.

if there is anything done to it before we get the official 2.1 on our phone it might be some driver optimization, but i doubt it. it runs flawless on my phone and the only thing missing from it now is some pinch to zoom functionality. but that's not such a big deal to me.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I was constantly hacking and downloading leaked OS and pirated apps with my blackberry. I decided when I first got the DROID to just go stock and wait for cartier released OS, not root the phone and do apps off of market only. With the exception of Swype keyboard, I'm stock and I have NO system slowness or buginess.

The default gallery is good enough for my needs. I can wait for a stable, supported gallery. However, I do thank the poster who directed me to the download site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez