how can i get my phone to look like this?

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ive searched for the widgets, bought beautiful widgets and I still cant get my droid to look like this (ie clock and weather) the way that htc has on their android phones. This phone pictured was from a phone area review of the droid so obviously its out there, how can I achieve the same clock and weather widget for my home screen? Thanks guys

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ive searched for the widgets, bought beautiful widgets and I still cant get my droid to look like this (ie clock and weather) the way that htc has on their android phones. This phone pictured was from a phone area review of the droid so obviously its out there, how can I achieve the same clock and weather widget for my home screen? Thanks guys

That is a screenshot of Beautiful Widgets pre-C&D order from HTC. Beautiful Widgets used to mirror the HTC Weather/Clock widget, but HTC sent a Cease & Desist order asking the developer to take down the app, and thus, a change in the design of Beautiful Widgets. Those who never updated the app continue to have that same style.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That is a screenshot of Beautiful Widgets pre-C&D order from HTC. Beautiful Widgets used to mirror the HTC Weather/Clock widget, but HTC sent a Cease & Desist order asking the developer to take down the app, and thus, a change in the design of Beautiful Widgets. Those who never updated the app continue to have that same style.

Damn, beat me to it.

I need to be quicker on the helpful information draw. Lol.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Weather Widgets (yr.no) comes very close IMHO:

snap20100219_071411.png

Last edited:

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gde is a home screen replacement I would recommend if you want to change the bottom also and have a dedicated phone button like the hero. Cheers!

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
to rickbubello: check out a huge thread in the moto droid forum called something like "what does your screen look like"

I'm on the mobile forum and don't feel like doing the whole link thing. But, it's easy to find the thread. It's great for giving you ideas of how to customize. Plus, everyone is super cool about explaining how they got their look. I've visited that forum a bunch and never have posted there - you'll love it.

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Post Your Screen!

to rickbubello: check out a huge thread in the moto droid forum called something like "what does your screen look like"

I'm on the mobile forum and don't feel like doing the whole link thing. But, it's easy to find the thread. It's great for giving you ideas of how to customize. Plus, everyone is super cool about explaining how they got their look. I've visited that forum a bunch and never have posted there - you'll love it.

Post your screen is the title and it is an awesome thread to check out! Prometheus is right! It gives you plenty of ideas of how to customize it to put your own personality into it! Some posts even give you the wallpapers for some of them as requested and they are pretty cool! So check it out!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid/3087-post-your-screen.html

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I Appreciate all the advice guys I'm just so used to blackberrys so I feel lost. I tried to hit download skins for beautiful widgets but it hung on me so I guess my next question is where do I and how do I download skins for that program? Sorry for being a noob at this phone

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I Appreciate all the advice guys I'm just so used to blackberrys so I feel lost. I tried to hit download skins for beautiful widgets but it hung on me so I guess my next question is where do I and how do I download skins for that program? Sorry for being a noob at this phone
same thing happened to me but there in there now.