New memory = Faster Phone

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having trouble with my phone running slow. After spending a few days in the nook color forum i stated to think maybe it was my micro sd card. so off to walmart. i bought an 8gb class 4 card as opposed to the stock 16gb class 2. im no longer having problems downloading or installing apps. and the icons on my desktop populate much faster. there have been times i had a 15 second wait.. also its worth mentioning that this droid is only 4 days old. mine wouldnt take the 2.2.2 update so they sent me a new one. my last phone did the same thing. so i thought what the heck.. im glad i did and it may help you too if your having simular problems..

Reactions: appmy

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% and I'm running CM6.1.2. My phone had slowed down over the past 3 months to a point it wasn't usable. Ag in new Class 4 16GB card helped. I also selected the "Lock home in memory" setting in CM.

The phone now runs really great. My quadrant score stayed the same (~1180), but the phone now fast.

Not sure what a Class 10 card would of done, but I'm very happy and can wait for a LTE phone I want.

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
but I'm very happy and can wait for a LTE phone I want.

exactly.. I called and complained about it and they gave me the well your eligable for an upgrade have you heard about the new htc thunderbolt?? ugh.. boy have i.. I want a new phone so bad you have no idea how hard it is to not go grab that bad boy up..

BigDaddyHicks

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been having trouble with my phone running slow. After spending a few days in the nook color forum i stated to think maybe it was my micro sd card. so off to walmart. i bought an 8gb class 4 card as opposed to the stock 16gb class 2. im no longer having problems downloading or installing apps. and the icons on my desktop populate much faster. there have been times i had a 15 second wait.. also its worth mentioning that this droid is only 4 days old. mine wouldnt take the 2.2.2 update so they sent me a new one. my last phone did the same thing. so i thought what the heck.. im glad i did and it may help you too if your having simular problems..

Pretty sure your issues are not with the micro sdcard itself but with what is ON the card. Could have got the same results by reformatting the card AND would have saved some money. :p

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
What hicks said. chances r, in awhile, you'll run into the same problem.

Sent from my nook color running CM7 RC4.

pmar55

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure your issues are not with the micro sdcard itself but with what is ON the card. Could have got the same results by reformatting the card AND would have saved some money. :p

Let me get this straight, reformatting to me means dumping everything from the sd card and reinstalling everything, one at a time? Am I understanding this correctly, and if so is there an easy way to do this? Sounds like quite a job.

jayblazer

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You are right. It worked great for a few days but now does the same thing it did.. I had already tried reformating and that did nothing for the speed. I ho estly think its angry birds. But I don't get how everybody else can have it without a problem.. I install it and the phone goes to crap..

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
angry birds is a huge app and can def slow your phone down, i have it ona fascinate and incredible and one going back to my droid1 i was so slow to try to play it and even worse on my old eris

volta

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
This thread makes me feel bipolar......
I was very happy and thought I had found a way to subdue my new phone cravings, but now I see that is not the case.

add119

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i have the same problem. But since i follow your introduction my phone act snappy with sd card class 6 on 16gb plus i rooted it to liquidrom. I dont need a new phone until i feel tired of my original droid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310