is there a way to use a mp3 for the alarm?

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The specific location of the folder doesn't matter. It needs to be in a folder named Alarms on the SD card. /media/audio/alarms is just commonly used.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
A word of advice, also. I did this and used a full 5 minute MP3. The Alarm was delayed by about 5 seconds when it went off. I assume it is trying to buffer the audio file somehow. Ringdroid is a free app that lets you easily chop down the MP# to a more manageble size, very easily, right on your phone.

I wake up to "Morning Mood", everyday.

jaseq

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to put it in any special folder. The easiest thing to do is go to the music player go to the mp3 u want to set as an alarm long press it and add as ringtone. Once it is it will be available as as an alarm. You don't have to keep it as a ringtone just fyi. Any song/mp3 you set as a ringtone this way will be saved into your list of alarms.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
A word of advice, also. I did this and used a full 5 minute MP3. The Alarm was delayed by about 5 seconds when it went off. I assume it is trying to buffer the audio file somehow. Ringdroid is a free app that lets you easily chop down the MP# to a more manageble size, very easily, right on your phone.

I wake up to "Morning Mood", everyday.

That's why I suggested the folder I did... because that's the folder Ringdroid creates and uses. I love Ringdroid and it does what you ask it to. That said, sometimes I find a zip-file full of videogame sound effects and want to dump them all into my notification sound folder. Thankfully, I can do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38