Moto One Macro PIN help

Liz R1

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post and it's about a new smartphone I just bought. It's a Motorola One Macro and when I set it up first time I had to make a PIN to allow it to open.
I now find this is most annoying and following the onscreen instructions to try and do anything with it don't seem to work.
All I want to do is simply open the phone by just swiping it without having to type anything in first. So, is there any way to do this, even if it includes a factory reset?
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you set up Google Pay on it? If so, that requires some kind of lockscreen password/PIN, for security. Or do you use the phone for work? In that case, your workplace can require security credentials to be installed that also need a password/PIN.

Liz R1

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
I already tried that but the only options there are these:

Screen lock
Lock screen preferences
Fingerprint
Face unlock
Smart lock

And I can't get either the screen lock or smart lock to work. That's why I don't know if a factory reset would give me the option to just swipe when I first turned it on to set it up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Security > Screen lock

Enter current PIN

You should be at a "Choose screen lock" screen and one of the options should be "None". Select None.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress