chainfire 3d

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
seems shady. i cant see how it would do anything on a good rom.

Gingerbread has better graphics abilities than Froyo already, so if your trying to put this on the stock rom, your better off just upgrading to a better rom.

im trying it out on MIUI 2.3.5 GB right now.

its free i dont see why you couldnt try it yourself and post your results instead of asking others

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
well i am on stock idk i dont see the better an a better rom?i see the stock as a good rom that can be overclocked with the umph kernal 1.9 now i know overclocking the muiu with its kernal can get u up to 2.0 ghz ill post my results ama switch to muiu to "test it out"

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
MIUI and CM7 are based on android 2.3.7 (2.3.5 in MIUI)

android 2.3 (Gingerbread) has improvements to all areas of the OS. its faster, smoother, more efficient in every way compared to froyo. has better performance in all apps and games too.

if your on the stock rom you are truly truly missing out on what the Triumph is capable of.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
okay then i will switch to it i have all up to date files to overclock it and instal the rom noe being this can you help me with one little thing do you have the stock motorola triumph kernal

note: lol your the first person i ask for help:)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you type really weird, as if english isnt your first language or your autocorrect is ruining everything.

anyways, the roms are at AndroidForums, they have more active developer community than this place.

Triumph - All Things Root - Android Forums

the CM7 and MIUI roms are both VERY good. the only thing not working is HDMI out. everything else works and they are daily driver roms for sure. worlds better than stock. especially if you get the notification toggles set up, a nice theme applied too.

both roms have their own overclocking kernels too. but i wouldnt reccomend overclocking, it damages the cpu, its not meant to run that fast and you are seriously shortening the life of your phone.

its cool to show a friend, hey i got a 2GHz phone, but if you try to run the cpu at anything above the 1GHz it was intended for, you are just over using battery and killing the lifespan of the cpu. you can argue against this all you want and say you dont experience any problems, but one day you will, so save your breath and dont argue with this.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
lol havent you noticed a mistake in every sentence yes its the auto correction....as i type everything in short like "u instead of you"so it ends up messing up everything-,- sorry though and i understand thanks for the link but u think they will make it possible for hdmi to be fixed on the muiu? since this is one of the features i like most:)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
lol havent you noticed a mistake in every sentence yes its the auto correction....as i type everything in short like "u instead of you"so it ends up messing up everything-,- sorry though and i understand thanks for the link but u think they will make it possible for hdmi to be fixed on the muiu? since this is one of the features i like most:)

I believe HDMI out will be fixed very soon in the CM7 roms, then ported to miui.

I do like to use that a lot too and i hate restoring the stock rom to be able to.

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
well chain fires 3d is awesome on the muiu :) I suggest it to u the night mode on the chainfire is crazy lol I haven't tried it with any games but I will and exactly how I feel now lol but i am going to try to make the hdmi work my self

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
the night mode is dumb.

It turns everything shades of Red. that isnt interesting and can damage your eyes. thats not a feature, thats a bug.

CM7 has options that can do the same thing or even change entire hues on the screen and adjust the color balance as a whole. thats WAY more useful for fine tuning the screen.

I've Chainfire3D to be useless, the free version does nothing useful and the paid version seems superfluous

also, your not going to make the HDMI work.

its a software issue, from my understanding we need to get drivers for the hardware and the kernel needs to be able to communicate with the HDMI port, and at this point in time, it cant.

I doubt you are a coder adept enough to figure out the hdmi problem. we have very talented people building very nice roms who cant do it either.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
also, found your youtube. What do you think your doing? trying to be a Virgin Mobile salesperson or something?

how did you get the username "VirginMobileUSA" that seems like something they should have snapped up. you are in no way qualified to report on any VM news

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
its not just shades of red theres many other colors that are there that wont hurt your little eyes but ok I am no sells Rep it simply a username banner its like me calling you Russian for having a weird username-.- not cool well I'm done talking to u

b_randon14

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
seems shady. i cant see how it would do anything on a good rom.

Gingerbread has better graphics abilities than Froyo already, so if your trying to put this on the stock rom, your better off just upgrading to a better rom.

im trying it out on MIUI 2.3.5 GB right now.

its free i dont see why you couldnt try it yourself and post your results instead of asking others

This is not entirely true. And what chainfire does is allow you to make your graphics driver more flexible. I.e you can make it think it's a tegra graphics card to play games on tegra chips can play.

ANd the gingerbread we have doesnt upgrade the graphics drivers, and the kernel we have is still the froyo based kernel, so all the upgrades are in the core ROM software, and they don't really increase graphical performance much at all.

arcaias

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
i was playing Dungeon hunter 2 after about lvl 16 i started getting very bad lock-ups, lag, and general choppiness
then i installed chainfire 3d and the only setting i changed was turning texture down to 16 bit (not even changing the plugin) and it fixed everything (of-course the color texture is lower now but its worth it) so don't go saying its useless.

CM7 3-4-12 update