ROM manager help

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
How the hell do you flash the rom!? I have the paid version. After it's installed I click backup existing rom, wipe cache, and wipe data and dalvik cache. Don't know what's wrong

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, first off which Rom are you trying to use? Also do you have D2 Bootstrapper? A lot of Roms need this. Obviously after this, you'd need the actual ROM you're trying to write to your device.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You need to get the droid2 bootstrap and apply that first or it will just reboot and do nothing. Once bootstrapped you can dl and flash a rom with the app or dl a rom from a site and flash it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the D2 Bootstrap, I applied it and I tried several ways of installing Cyanogen.

1) Getting it through the paid ROM Manager. No dice. I uninstalled & reinstalled App and License, and it just can't find CM. I'm on v4.5.0.1, if that matters.

2) Downloaded cm_shadow_full-118 from the link provided by tntdroid in this post. Rebooted into recovery via D2 Bootstrap, tried to install manually via recovery. No luck, it threw up an error:
Code:
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0
E:Error in /sdcard/cm_shadow_full-118.zip 
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

3) Tried "Install ROM from SD Card" option in ROM Manager. Only option checked was Wipe Dalvik Cache. Phone boots into recovery. Nothing happens. It tells me to open ROM Manager to report this issue. (I'm typing this out live, btw). Done.

I also tried with the -114 download from the previous link. I'm stumped. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks in advance. :D

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the D2 Bootstrap, I applied it and I tried several ways of installing Cyanogen.

1) Getting it through the paid ROM Manager. No dice. I uninstalled & reinstalled App and License, and it just can't find CM. I'm on v4.5.0.1, if that matters.

2) Downloaded cm_shadow_full-118 from the link provided by tntdroid in this post. Rebooted into recovery via D2 Bootstrap, tried to install manually via recovery. No luck, it threw up an error:
Code:
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0
E:Error in /sdcard/cm_shadow_full-118.zip 
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

3) Tried "Install ROM from SD Card" option in ROM Manager. Only option checked was Wipe Dalvik Cache. Phone boots into recovery. Nothing happens. It tells me to open ROM Manager to report this issue. (I'm typing this out live, btw). Done.

I also tried with the -114 download from the previous link. I'm stumped. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks in advance. :D

When you tried to install CM7 manually which recovery did you use, D2Boostrap or CWM (the one installed with ROM Manager)? If you used CWM which version of Recovery do you have (to check, open ROM Manager and look at the top where it says "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Look at the line that says "current")? Lastly did you verify the MD5SUM for the download?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When you tried to install CM7 manually which recovery did you use, D2Boostrap or CWM (the one installed with ROM Manager)? If you used CWM which version of Recovery do you have (to check, open ROM Manager and look at the top where it says "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Look at the line that says "current")? Lastly did you verify the MD5SUM for the download?

I don't know how to verify the MD5 sum (yet) but that'll be next on my list of stuff to learn.

I wasn't sure, so I just retried both. When I hit Reboot Recovery in D2Bootstrap, it brings me to ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8. Install from SD, browse to -114.zip, no luck.

So: Rebooted, waited (very impatiently), opened up ROM Manager (it says CWM is currently v5.0.2.0) and hit reboot into recovery. Oddly, this shows me v2.5.0.8 again. :confused: Or maybe it isn't odd, and I just don't know what I'm doing :p

So, I rebooted again, hit the Update CWM button, updated, rebooted into recovery, and YAY now I'm showing v5.0.2.0. THERE'S HOPE!

But it still won't install. It just throws the same error I put in the code box of my earlier post. :(

EDIT: Verified the MD5 of both downloads, on my PC and my SD card. They're all right. No luck there =(

Last edited:

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to ask this in my earlier reply, what version of Blur are you trying to install CM7 over? Is it .340 or .602/605?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
facepalm.jpg

Duh. I kept reading that it was based on Froyo and that never registered. It seems to have installed just fine, we'll see what happens when the CM7 logo stops spinning.

Thanks!

Last edited: