Warning: Don't remove the crappy apps

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is true but if you want to be able to update to Froyo when it's released, you will have to reinstall these and give them system application permissions.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
As long as you haven't removed/renamed any files (just using the root for Autostarts control and SetCPU), do you have to un-root to get a major OS update like 2.2?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As long as you haven't removed/renamed any files (just using the root for Autostarts control and SetCPU), do you have to un-root to get a major OS update like 2.2?

It sounds like the update will just come through, no problem. But of course, you will lose root, but that's to be expected. Now, obviously we can't say for sure since it hasn't happened with our device yet, but as past experiences show, as well as the .604 update show, everything should be just fine.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you typically loose root even on an update like for .604, or just for the big ones (like 2.2)?

Also, do you (typically...since it hasn't happened yet), still have your rooting app (EasyRoot for me) still on your phone, so you just click the root me button again?

Finally, do you have to go back and re-set all your Autostarts and SetCPU junk, or should those settings hold through an upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you typically loose root even on an update like for .604, or just for the big ones (like 2.2)? When people rooted before the .604 update and then updated, yes, they did lose root.

Also, do you (typically...since it hasn't happened yet), still have your rooting app (EasyRoot for me) still on your phone, so you just click the root me button again? This is a little up in the air since we don't know for sure if the same rooting methods will work on 2.2. If the method of rooting is the same, then yes, the application should still work.

Finally, do you have to go back and re-set all your Autostarts and SetCPU junk, or should those settings hold through an upgrade? This, I'm not too sure about. Since they are root-only applications, I'm a little unsure, I assume they would hold up but don't quote me on that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87