Haven't TOTALLY screwed up yet, but

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm really close. I almost tried flashing sbf 2.1 on my phone as a last resort, but hadn't done it yet...sounds like maybe that's not the way to go.
So I could never get an update.zip to work properly, it was on sd root and all that jazz, whether I moved su or not, it always said "failed to assert" and sometimes also said "signature failed"..
So today I said, hell with it, I'll just take the ota and wait for root on that...but the update fails every time.
I have:
Successfully unrooted
Done a factory reset
Tried to dl the update a billion times

I did not:
Remove any apps
Ever succeed in installing any rom, not with rom manager and the bootstrapper, everything failed

It always stops on the unpacking screen, about a quarter of the way in on the progress bar. It then goes to the !
(then says update failed on start)
Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
yeah, worked fine. Updated to 2.2 OTA, then used Droid 2 root method to root 2.2. I've read some nightmare stories around too that scared me a little, but I've got my Incredible, and OG Droid to fall back on, plus insurance, so I can take those risks.

As a note, I put back the stock build.prop, and did a phone reset before loading the sbf. I don't know if that matters, but it probably wouldn't hurt anything.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so for my problem, it was koush's bootstrap that was stopping it.
I did the following:
Rerooted
Deleted logwrapper file with root explorer
Then renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

That was all...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress