tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yea im still on it. I have used apex that showed me at 2.3.15 I think but went back to flyX and 2.3.9. Question is I have both 2.1 and 2.2 sbf. If I were to brick this thing what sbf would be used? I really don't see the point of going to the ota right now as all the roms I try and themes work with 2.3.9. Just wanted to know what sbf to use if I get stuck on the thundercats logo...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks. I was thinking that but not 100%. So if I crash this baby 2.2 will recover and also put me on 2.2 ota.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I was thinking that but not 100%. So if I crash this baby 2.2 will recover and also put me on 2.2 ota.

DO NOT USE 2.2 sbf unless you have done the OTA from verizon.
only use the 2.2 if you HAVE OTA FROM VERIZON.

If you are running a leak , ANY LEAK , use the 2.1

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So if I wanted to jump to ota I would sbf back to 2.1 then I could run the 2.2 in rom manager or hit up the ota. Just want to make sure so im good for some gingerbread love later.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes if you wanted the OTA , sbf to 2.1 --> DL and Install OTA 2.3.15 , then you could download Rubix or FlyX to get deodexed . Even you could deodex manually without running those . Then theme after you deodex . Once your deodexed you could do just about anything you want . the best thing is you will be ready for gingerbread (if we get to see it by OTA ).

victormolina15

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Alllright lol... if you help me I. Ow you bigggg time

I just installled rom manager.
And it said to flash something or w.e and I did.
Now I loooked up roms on the rom manager and o found fluX do I download? Is this the same as putting it on ur sd card manually? And using bootstrap?

victormolina15

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
From rom manager download flyX then once its done download rom from SD then find rom and download

Next can I download and do the same with apeX?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You sure can! When you dl a rom it should just reboot and install. Make sure you have bootstrapper working

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
From rom manager download flyX then once its done download rom from SD then find rom and download

Next can I download and do the same with apeX?

first flash clockwork mod recovery
choose droid x , then continue.
next make sure you have droid x bootstrapper downloaded , then run it , by using the top button . when it says success , click ok.
next go to download rom .
Download FlyX
It will prompt you to install . make sure you make a backup of current ROM .
There will be a box to check (back up current ROM) and (Clear Cache/data)
Check back up ROM. There is no need to wipe with FlyX.
Well put it this way . I didnt wipe with Fly X . You may want to just to be sure it cleanly downloads installs.
Your phone is automated the rest of the way .
The first boot could take some time . Dont touch it , leave it alone and it should boot fine.
When it boots go back to Droid x bootstrapper and click (bootstrap recovery).
Then enjoy FlyX.
As far as apex goes , i havent DL it , so i dont know if you need to wipe or not.
With Rubix , I cleared cache/data. Its a must with Rubix. To be safe , i would say clear it anyway.
If you are going to DL Apex , you dont need to DL flyX first , just do Apex.
Make sure you backup your Roms , so you can have something to go to when you mess your phone up some day.
Also , i take no responsibility to any damage you do to your phone, and remember Rooting your phone has already voided your warranty.
I hope i have helped you in some way , I was once in your shoes . Just remember to pay if forward when you learn more .
Click Thanks .

Reactions: victormolina15

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
two 2.1 sbf tries both turn into boot loops. :( Third time the charm???

Nope not a charm... Im lost now. Phone is boot looping while sbf is saying its still booting?

Silly me forgot to clear data and all that fun stuff. Now lets see what happens...

OK back on 2.1 :)

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea im still on it. I have used apex that showed me at 2.3.15 I think but went back to flyX and 2.3.9. Question is I have both 2.1 and 2.2 sbf. If I were to brick this thing what sbf would be used? I really don't see the point of going to the ota right now as all the roms I try and themes work with 2.3.9. Just wanted to know what sbf to use if I get stuck on the thundercats logo...

If you want to try out the thundercats and you did get stuck there a simple battery pull and restore of a backup would be the way to go. Good question though.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
DO NOT USE 2.2 sbf unless you have done the OTA from verizon.
only use the 2.2 if you HAVE OTA FROM VERIZON.

If you are running a leak , ANY LEAK , use the 2.1

I was on 2.1 and then grabbed 2.2 from Rom Manager. Is the 2.2 on Rom Manager the OTA from Verizon or the leaked 2.2 ???

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
two 2.1 sbf tries both turn into boot loops. :( Third time the charm???

Nope not a charm... Im lost now. Phone is boot looping while sbf is saying its still booting?
Just pull battery on the boot loop.........you'll be alright

(enable private messages)

Last edited: