Droid X wont install customROM

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the official 2.2 OTA and rooted my phone with z4 just today. Whenever I try to install rims it says installation aborted. Help please.

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Koush's DX Bootstrap? If not you need that to put a rom or theme your phone. You can find it in the market for $2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes bootstrap is needed. It hijacks the boot to allow it. Once loaded open the app and click bootstrap recovery. You will get a success. Click ok then your ready. If you have a rom on your sd card you can use the app to load it. Open it then click reboot recovery and follow all instructions in the how to for each rom. Rom manager is also a great app to load themes and roms. Still need bootstrapper to work that too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys but I downloaded the bootstrap and followed ur instructions and the phone reboots into recovery where it shows a yellow progress bar but then quickly boots up back to the regular 2.2 update I've been using. I'm not sure what's going on.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The latest rubix rom. I renamed it update and put it on the root of my sd card but it still wont install. Keeps saying installation aborted even after I get success from the bootstrap.

I run rubix
you need to copy the zip some place on the SD card but it doesn't need to be in the root and it doesn't need to be called update.zip
then download and install bootstrap
run boot strap and reboot into recovery
then install it right from the sd card

works great, rubix is an awesome rom. by far my favorite.

make a backup first!

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I run rubix
you need to copy the zip some place on the SD card but it doesn't need to be in the root and it doesn't need to be called update.zip
then download and install bootstrap
run boot strap and reboot into recovery
then install it right from the sd card

works great, rubix is an awesome rom. by far my favorite.

make a backup first!

I did tha but I still get installation aborted when I try to install any custom rom. This sucks :(

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Try and dl rom manager. Rubix is free on it and that might work. It sounds like your doing it all right the other way so who knows.

last i checked Rom Manager only had focused 1.0 and blurry .03
drod has done a lot since those versions so i'd say go with the latest

i agree, sounds like he's doing it all right though.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
so you install this
Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - Android app on AppBrain
open it up
click bootstrap recovery
click reboot recovery
but it never boots into recovery?

It boots into recovery but whenever I try to apply the update (install the rom) it gets aborted. This is after installing the boorstrap and clicking bootstrap recovery, getting success and then rebooting into recovery.

I tried it through romanager and the same thing happened. Is there something Im missing?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
boot into recovery and wipe the phone. then reboot and try again. When I have things not working right a wipe fixes them. you got the tools and your doing what is needed so thats all i can think of.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It boots into recovery but whenever I try to apply the update (install the rom) it gets aborted. This is after installing the boorstrap and clicking bootstrap recovery, getting success and then rebooting into recovery.

I tried it through romanager and the same thing happened. Is there something Im missing?

are you applying the update using update.zip? or are you selecting the option to pick another .zip to apply?

drod recommends these steps

Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Install
Reboot

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
boot into recovery and wipe the phone. then reboot and try again. When I have things not working right a wipe fixes them. you got the tools and your doing what is needed so thats all i can think of.
Did this just now and it didn't work.

are you applying the update using update.zip? or are you selecting the option to pick another .zip to apply?

drod recommends these steps

Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Install
Reboot
Lemme try. I might have messed up.