11-22-2010 09:54 PM
31 12
tools
    I'm running the official 2.2 OTA and rooted my phone with z4 just today. Whenever I try to install rims it says installation aborted. Help please.
    11-21-2010 06:23 PM
    Are you using Koush's DX Bootstrap? If not you need that to put a rom or theme your phone. You can find it in the market for $2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-21-2010 06:27 PM
    Really? All I do is download the bootstrap and then I can install roms on my phone?
    11-21-2010 06:33 PM
    Yes bootstrap is needed. It hijacks the boot to allow it. Once loaded open the app and click bootstrap recovery. You will get a success. Click ok then your ready. If you have a rom on your sd card you can use the app to load it. Open it then click reboot recovery and follow all instructions in the how to for each rom. Rom manager is also a great app to load themes and roms. Still need bootstrapper to work that too.

11-21-2010 06:43 PM
    Thanks guys but I downloaded the bootstrap and followed ur instructions and the phone reboots into recovery where it shows a yellow progress bar but then quickly boots up back to the regular 2.2 update I've been using. I'm not sure what's going on.
    11-21-2010 07:14 PM
    what rom are your trying to run
    11-21-2010 07:23 PM
    what rom are your trying to run
    The latest rubix rom. I renamed it update and put it on the root of my sd card but it still wont install. Keeps saying installation aborted even after I get success from the bootstrap.
    11-21-2010 07:26 PM
    The latest rubix rom. I renamed it update and put it on the root of my sd card but it still wont install. Keeps saying installation aborted even after I get success from the bootstrap.
    I run rubix
    you need to copy the zip some place on the SD card but it doesn't need to be in the root and it doesn't need to be called update.zip
    then download and install bootstrap
    run boot strap and reboot into recovery
    then install it right from the sd card

works great, rubix is an awesome rom. by far my favorite.

make a backup first!
    11-21-2010 07:58 PM
    I run rubix
    you need to copy the zip some place on the SD card but it doesn't need to be in the root and it doesn't need to be called update.zip
    then download and install bootstrap
    run boot strap and reboot into recovery
    then install it right from the sd card

works great, rubix is an awesome rom. by far my favorite.

make a backup first!
    I did tha but I still get installation aborted when I try to install any custom rom. This sucks
    11-21-2010 08:05 PM
    I did tha but I still get installation aborted when I try to install any custom rom. This sucks
    and it's booting into clockwork recovery right?

might want to try to re-download rubix 1.8.6
    Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

AC is great but that might be a better location to get some help. drod and sephtin are really responsive.
    11-21-2010 08:08 PM
    Try and dl rom manager. Rubix is free on it and that might work. It sounds like your doing it all right the other way so who knows.
    11-21-2010 08:09 PM
    Try and dl rom manager. Rubix is free on it and that might work. It sounds like your doing it all right the other way so who knows.
    last i checked Rom Manager only had focused 1.0 and blurry .03
    drod has done a lot since those versions so i'd say go with the latest

i agree, sounds like he's doing it all right though.
    11-21-2010 08:11 PM
    and it's booting into clockwork recovery right?

might want to try to re-download rubix 1.8.6
    Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

AC is great but that might be a better location to get some help. drod and sephtin are really responsive.
    I'll try that but I don't think it'll work.
    11-21-2010 08:16 PM
    so you install this
    Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - Android app on AppBrain
    open it up
    click bootstrap recovery
    click reboot recovery
    but it never boots into recovery?
    11-21-2010 08:23 PM
    so you install this
    Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - Android app on AppBrain
    open it up
    click bootstrap recovery
    click reboot recovery
    but it never boots into recovery?
    It boots into recovery but whenever I try to apply the update (install the rom) it gets aborted. This is after installing the boorstrap and clicking bootstrap recovery, getting success and then rebooting into recovery.

I tried it through romanager and the same thing happened. Is there something Im missing?
    11-21-2010 08:31 PM
    boot into recovery and wipe the phone. then reboot and try again. When I have things not working right a wipe fixes them. you got the tools and your doing what is needed so thats all i can think of.
    11-21-2010 08:32 PM
    It boots into recovery but whenever I try to apply the update (install the rom) it gets aborted. This is after installing the boorstrap and clicking bootstrap recovery, getting success and then rebooting into recovery.

I tried it through romanager and the same thing happened. Is there something Im missing?
    are you applying the update using update.zip? or are you selecting the option to pick another .zip to apply?

drod recommends these steps

Install Instructions:
    Download rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
    Move to root of SD Card
    Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
    Wipe Data/Cache
    Install Zip From SD Card
    Select rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
    Install
    Reboot
    11-21-2010 08:36 PM
    boot into recovery and wipe the phone. then reboot and try again. When I have things not working right a wipe fixes them. you got the tools and your doing what is needed so thats all i can think of.
    Did this just now and it didn't work.

are you applying the update using update.zip? or are you selecting the option to pick another .zip to apply?

drod recommends these steps

Install Instructions:
    Download rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
    Move to root of SD Card
    Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
    Wipe Data/Cache
    Install Zip From SD Card
    Select rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
    Install
    Reboot
    Lemme try. I might have messed up.
    11-21-2010 08:44 PM
    we can do this!!!
    11-21-2010 08:45 PM
    AOSP themes are awesome.
    Apex is cool but my phone can't handle OCing.
    even 1.1 isn't stable for me.
    11-21-2010 08:50 PM
    AOSP themes are awesome.
    Apex is cool but my phone can't handle OCing.
    even 1.1 isn't stable for me.
    im running apex too and dont like how they made it 1.1 overclock stock. For some reason my phone does not like that preset. I use a 1.2 setting with no issues but have to turn on that speed after everyboot. The set on boot does not work for me. Anyone know how to go into the rom and edit the overclock speed?
    11-21-2010 08:54 PM
    im running apex too and dont like how they made it 1.1 overclock stock. For some reason my phone does not like that preset. I use a 1.2 setting with no issues but have to turn on that speed after everyboot. The set on boot does not work for me. Anyone know how to go into the rom and edit the overclock speed?
    i thought you could tweak the speeds in terminal. the instructions are on the apex thread.
    i tried to back it down to 1.0 stock but never got it...
    went back to rubix.

I also tried fission but that wasn't that stable for me at all. little bit too much blur left too.
    JkdJedi likes this.
    11-21-2010 08:56 PM
    I just found that and it worked great. Now back to 1.0 and the set on boot at 1.2 works!
    Terminal
    su <return>
    overclock -off <return>
    reboot <return>
    11-21-2010 09:04 PM
    Ok I got the latest Rubix rom installed and it's freaking fast. Live wallpapers don't slow down my phone anymore.

The only thing I don't like is how the old Droid 1 camera is in this rom instead of the actual stood x camera.
    11-21-2010 09:42 PM
    Yes you got it work! You maybe able to push the other camera app back on and replace. U can with apex so it might work.

11-21-2010 10:20 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD