Z4 Unroot Q

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i dont run a cutom rom or anything...just unstable apps overclocked, setpcu, minfreemanager, and titanium backup. so, if i need to unroot to receive the update coming soon do i need to do anything other than just simply hit the unroot button on the Z4 app? or should i remove the other apps first or is that unnecessary? thanks.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
+1

I would love to know this too. The only superuser apps I use are Wireless Tether, Cache Cleaner, Titanium Backup, & Adfree.

I hope z4root works after the update too because it looks like it was pulled from the market. I think it can still be found @ XDA, but knew to grab it while it was available because it was too good to last and EasyRoot was pulled right before I got it when still on 2.1

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert on this since I just starting using ROMs myself but I think you are always best to do a Nandroid backup the second you finish simply rooting your phone and have made no other changes.

Then when OTA updates come out you can restore that Nandroid backup and unroot from there.

juggalofx

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert on this since I just starting using ROMs myself but I think you are always best to do a Nandroid backup the second you finish simply rooting your phone and have made no other changes.

Then when OTA updates come out you can restore that Nandroid backup and unroot from there.

Yeah which I was to dumb to do :( now I am stuck with my flashed roms. I tried looking up sbfing but I don't understand in and everyone said it brings you back to eclair not froyo. Which came stock on my droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There is no reason to uninstall root only apps when upgrading your phone. (i didnt have any trouble when i finally upgraded to Froyo , off of the leaked version)
SBF is really not very hard at all . Believe me if i can learn how to do it , anyone can.
If you officially upgraded to froyo from the OTA verizon sent out , then if you SBF it will leave you with Froyo . Even if your phone came with Eclair.
The reason is , when you OTA , it changes the bootloader . And there is a different SBF needed for all three updates. (2.1->2.2->2.2.1)
Make sure you use the right sbf or you could have a very expensive paperweight.

juggalofx

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so the sbf with the 2.1 and 2.2 means the bootloader not os type?

I have had my x maybe three weeks and its my first android so I am still learning lol. Sorry for bring a noob haha

Swyped from my Droidx using Tapatalk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah which I was to dumb to do :( now I am stuck with my flashed roms. I tried looking up sbfing but I don't understand in and everyone said it brings you back to eclair not froyo. Which came stock on my droid x.

You SBF back to Eclair, then pick up the OTA for 2.2.

juggalofx

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I found this file when looking for sbf files to get my droid x back to the day it showed up at my door step from verizon lllVRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

Here is the thing.it seems every time I look up sbfing there is a warning that if you coming from ota froyo that loading the 2.1 will brick your phone. My phone came loaded with froyo already on it.

Sorry for being such a pain. I got flashing roms and themes and boot images and bootani down to a science. Its the sbfing I am confused and scared about. My phone isn't bricked yet so I don't want to brick it now. All I am trying to do is get my phone back to stock so I can save a backup so I can update to 2.3 when it comes out. Thanks for any help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez