Can't seem to make a back up...

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Can't seem to make a nandroid back up on my X, Just recently rooted and removed some bloatware, but now when I try and back up through Rom Manager it stops half-way and doesn't create one, and when using bootstrapper it reads

"No sd-ext found, skipping back up of sd-ext. Generating md5 sum.."

any thoughts? I mean I guess it isn't that big a deal as the phone still works fine and I am able to use it, only issue would be if and when gingerbread comes, although with my one year upgrade from primary line in March...may not matter :p

rpmm70

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
That sound normal for bootstrapper. I get that every time, but it still creates working backups. Did you check if a backup was created? It should be in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

Sent from my DROIDX

Reactions: PortareAF

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Your backup from bootstrapper is working fine. Mine always says the same thing as well. I google'd it and found this explanation:

The reason you got the no sd ext error is because you don't have one (and really shouldn't). Clockwork and Amon Ra (different recovery used on different systems) have the option to partition the sd card to ext 2, 3, or 4. The benefit to this is that systems with low internal memory can install and run apps from this partition (as your /system and /data phone partitions do). My last phone had only 1/2 GB internal memory. After installing a couple dozen apps, it was nearly full and bogged down the phone. So partitioning the sd card and using Darktremor Apps2sd was the best solution. I know you're probably thinking this is redundant since Froyo has apps2sd already but only a portion of the app file is actually moved with this method and some apps can't be moved at all......long story short, don't worry about that error and don't worry about apps2sd. The DX has 8 GB internal memory. If you fille it up, you have too many apps.

Reactions: PortareAF

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks much for the help, it did create backups into my Rom Manger, just wasn't sure if they were complete and didn't want to start flashing Rom's etc, until I knew I had a back up. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19