Getting My Droid X On Tuesday!!!!

vaporman1

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!!!! I am counting the hours to getting my new X and it looks like it blows the Iphone away. A couple questions though. Does anyone know when Netflix will be available? Is there a program which I can download so I do not have to use the charge for the hot spot that the phone has?

Also, what are the recommended apps that I should get.

Thanks!!!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Root and get wireless tether. Netflix is not out yet but I did just read something about it being on 4g phones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Nope :(
aefc027c-a27c-e9b4.jpg

rgray331975

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Netflix and going there on browser I can stream movies. Plenty of apps that allow u to manage ur acct.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your new phone coming. You'll love this thing. It's the best phone I've owned so far. The video is beautiful and everything about the device is fast. I'm sure netflix will come along in the near future. I haven't used it, but blockbuster has a streaming video app. TV.com is also an app that plays a number of popular tv shows.

I wouldn't worry about the early comment you got about waiting for something else. There will always be a newer phone about to come out. The X is a great choice.

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got my X in December with no regrets here. I would suggest rooting your phone, so that you can enjoy your X even more, but before you do, read up on it. This phone is a beast!

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Congrats - You made a great move. Be sure to hang out here and post any questions you have while getting up and running. This forum made my transition from BB to Droid a breeze.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Right on! The X is friggin sweet man! I love mine, and I am not sure these new wave over phones are going to entice me away just yet! If you root, make sure and read up on it and never take someones 10 sentence how to on it either. You should have several sources stating the EXACT process before you root. Though the X performs beautifully out of the box. That is my bit.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My plan of action is to listen to the Verizon/iPhone announcement tomorrow and then run to the VZW store to get my DroidX.

By doing this I will get one more 1 year upgrade cycle on my account before Verizon goes to 20 months (booo!).

If I want I can upgrade again in September with the MiFi device I have on the account becoming due and go LTE and cancel the MiFi shortly after and save the money by doing a rooted wireless tether or using the program tether that I own. This would pay off the ETF in less than a year.