Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I sbf back to stock .340 then rooted just to restore couple of apps/games data and now want to unroot. Z4 said unroot successful and superuser disappeared but upon a reboot it comes back how can I unroot short of sbf flashing again?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I sbf back to stock .340 then rooted just to restore couple of apps/games data and now want to unroot. Z4 said unroot successful and superuser disappeared but upon a reboot it comes back how can I unroot short of sbf flashing again?

Try the following which was provided by "Wildman":

SuperUser Complete Removal

* Root Device
* Install Root Explorer
* Browse to System >> Apps
* Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
* Restart Device
* Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Awesome im going to try that but do not want to factory reset I will lose the data that I needed think it will still work?

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes but you said factory reset which = lose of data so ill try all other steps but leave that one out

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You wont need to reset, this was originally posted for a user that was sending device in for service... Follow all steps but once you removed SU apk reboot and you will be unrooted and SU shouldn't come back. Of course you need to remove all root access apps because they will no longer function.

Akso check OP and male sure Bootstrap is completely uninstalled as well, it usually will still show up on start up even after removed.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/67610-help-unrooting-z4.html

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got a question and in need of some clarification:

I rooted using Z4, now I want to go back to stock. The only things I installed (root-wise) were Tether, SetCPU, Titanium Backup, Cache Cleaner, Ad Free, and a Reboot option on Widgetsoid. I have since deleted Tether and the Reboot option and thawed all frozen apps on Titanium Backup. So what do I need to do now to unroot?

Do I delete all of those apps besides Z4, then install Root Explorer and delete the Superuser.apk, then reboot (NOT factory reset - this is not a service requirement, just personal preference to be unrooted), then I should be unrooted after the reboot? And will not doing a factory reset still get me back to stock, or is the factory reset a must?

Also, when do I use Z4 to unroot? Or does deleting the Superuser.apk effectively perform that task for me?

Thanks in advance, and I'd love any advice.

Last edited: