Liberty Toolbox Problem

bryanwxbulldog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to get the Liberty 2.0.1 rom on my phone. Droid X has latest firmware & version. The first couple times I would download the zip file on my laptop and copy it to my phone's sd card. Did the whole process a few times...z4root, superuser, titanium backup, bootstrap recovery, wipe data & cache, install from zip, and reboot. No success there. I would get stuck in the liberty loop every time and have to flash the SBF through RSD Lite 4.9. At this time, I noticed that the Liberty logo and then the eagle logo would pop up, then my phone would successfully boot up.

Then I tried a different method. I downloaded and installed free & donate versions of liberty toolbox. I selected "install liberty 2.0.1" from the popup menu. The rom will download for 5 minutes, then give me an "Error: I/O error." I'll press download again and immediately it fails, giving "Error: /mnt/sdcard/Liberty/Roms/Liberty2.0.1 DX.zip (read-only file system)." I have no idea what the problem is. I've been working on getting liberty for 7 hours today and I'm about to give up...and go back to Rubix. Any suggestions?

bryanwxbulldog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
just hooked up to my home's wifi, could be a problem with my 3G. it's already downloading faster :)

UPDATE: Successfully downloaded & installed after a few attempts with wifi

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow how come you just didn't get the Liberty Toolbox donate version and download 2.0.1 from there? It goes right into CWM recovery and installs it for you. If your doing a full ROM then select wipe data and cache(updates u shouldn't have to) but other than that it sounds like you went thru a hell of a setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress